Athena Software is seeking a Software Test Engineer to join our expanding Technology team in Waterloo!
Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Client Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 16th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
Building on years of steady success with a growing global client base, we are implementing an ambitious new sales and marketing strategy; it is the key driver of our company-wide strategic reorganization and focus.
We are seeking talented, energetic and passionate individuals who want to help deliver on Athena’s mission to be a key enabler of social impact for organizations working to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Test Engineer at Athena, you will become an expert user and a guardian for our products. You will be immersed in not only the features and functionalities, but also the overall user experience, flow, and interactions of the product.
- Assist in developing and executing tests based on various user cases and/or requirements information
- Collaborate with other team members and software developers
- Perform regression, integration and release testing for applications developed by Athena Software
- Participate in development bug triage meetings
- Report and document defects using Jira
- Assist with planning the timelines for release testing
Who You Are
With 1-2 years in progressive software quality assurance roles, you are not afraid to innovate methods, techniques, and procedures to achieve the desired results.
- You have desktop and/or web applications testing experience
- You have an understanding of quality assurance methodologies, processes, deliverables, and metrics
- You have practical experience with issue tracking
- Knowledge of Java and SQL would be beneficial
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and deliver against different priorities
- Selenium and/or Laravel testing experience would be beneficial
- Good written and organizations skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.