Test Automation Lead
Position:Test Automation Lead
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™, SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment and MVPD (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video.
About the Position
As a Test Automation Lead, you will influence the overall direction of our test automation strategy. You will architect, design, and develop automation infrastructure, and will work with the team to develop and review reliable and maintainable automated tests.
- Produce high-quality, maintainable and testable code to enable scalable growth and customer success.
- Create/introduce all necessary processes relevant to test automation, including guidelines and best practices.
- Work and consult with groups across the engineering organization to re-enforce automated testing as a key aspect of our development process and workflow.
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- At least 3 years of hands on test automation experience.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- A successful track record of developing effective test automation frameworks and infrastructure.
- Exceptional Python programming skills.
- Experience working with virtualization, container, and orchestration technologies such as VMware, Virtual Box, KVM, Docker, LXD, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience working with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- A solid understanding of web/REST APIs.
- Experience with various test automation tools and frameworks such as Python Unit Testing Framework, Selenium etc.
- You have worked on/with Agile teams with integrated test roles (as opposed to an independent QA team).
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean practices such as Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, Story Mapping, Story Point Estimation, TDD, ATDD, CD etc.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and come up with solutions to meet project needs.
- Ability to work under tight timelines - must be able to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Other Desired Skills
- Experience working with data-streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis).
- Experience with both traditional relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres) and modern analytic databases (e.g. MemSQL, Prometheus, Influx, Elastic).
- A working knowledge of automation and orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience working in/with the Bazel build framework.
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume package to email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance, but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.