- ATS Automation
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
Position: BI Analytics Developer
Department: Global IT Shared Services
Reports To: Manager, Commercial Systems
- Design, build and deploy integrated BI solutions (Dashboards, Standard Reports, ADHOC Self Service, Scorecards) using industry BI Tools.
- Analyze and migrate existing reporting tools into the new BI tools (SSRS, Excel, etc.)
- Provide support to end users
- Analyzing business needs and determining appropriate data, report design, and processes to deliver relevant BI solutions that leverage best practices
- Perform hardware / software planning, selection and procurement including upgrades and replacements.
- Assist in the setting, communicating and confirming compliance to enterprise-wide client technology standards (e.g. standard PC image)
- Work with Business SME and Business/Systems Analysts to define reporting requirements and goals and to identify the data needed for meeting business requirements
- Follows change and version control in moving code from development to test/QA and to production environments
- Maintain familiarity with IT industry trends and best practices.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and implements new methods, standard processes, best practices, and techniques for developing BI Solutions
- Ensure proper registration of devices and licensing compliance
- Adhere to all corporate IT policies, practices and procedures as required. This includes information security, change control and other related policies.
- Ensure all system problems and requests are logged and tracked in accordance with problem management procedures.
- Recommend improvements for BI Dashboard and ETL design processes, data quality and testing
- Define/help develop the semantic layer, metadata and report definitions
- Define and direct the implementation of security requirements for the data warehouse or source systems
- Define production release requirements and sustainment architecture
- Guide / manage Data Governance activities including establishing, publishing and implementing Data Governance standards, procedures and guidelines as it relates to BI/Analytics platform
- ETL design and process guidelines including data quality and testing
- Data Design, Data Modelling
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or equivalent.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience leading successful large scale/enterprise data warehousing implementations in designing and developing the architecture for all data warehouse components (e.g. tool integration strategy; source system data ETL strategy, data staging, movement and aggregation; information and analytics delivery; and data quality strategy).
- Hands-on experience in data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, metadata management, and platform migration.
- Strong knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, regulatory compliance, governance and data security related issues.
- Knowledge of data modelling and data profiling / data quality techniques
- Demonstrated competencies and knowledge of relational database structures, theories, principles, and dimensional data modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge in Data Design, Data Modelling, and ETL best practices
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data development creating data marts, data warehouses, and performing data engineering;
- Advanced knowledge of technical management processes (e.g. change control, backup, source control)
- Experience with Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
- Ability to connect and query data from Microsoft SQL, Progress OpenEdge, oData, webservices, Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Microsoft Analysis Services, etc.
- Experience with building/implementing databases, analysis services (tabular and multidimensional models, star/snowflake schema), data warehouse architecture
- Data analysis
- Performance Monitoring
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Occasional work-related travel.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Why join ATS?
- Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, every other Tuesday is “Treat Day”!
- Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
- Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
- Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
- Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
- Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
- And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
ATS Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process