- ATS Automation
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 60,000 - 79,999
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
Our Global IT Shared Services division is currently looking for a bright, ambitious Engineering Business Systems Analyst who enjoys team work and on-going challenging projects.
The Engineering Business Systems Analyst role is the primary liaison between the ATS global IT group and other ATS divisions / departments that utilize engineering information systems or data. In this role, the incumbent is responsible for providing operational support to engineering system users, participating in the planning, design, development and deployment of engineering systems projects, and coordinating activities between IT management, engineering system users and engineering information systems developers (internal and external). The incumbent, who must have strong technical skills coupled with engineering information systems experience, is also responsible for understanding related industry best practices and ensuring that those practices are integrated in our systems at an appropriate level.
Strategy & Planning
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Work with key stakeholders (system owners and data users) and other project team members to define, validate and prioritize system requirements.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new features or systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Participate in the preparation of project proposals.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research software and hardware solutions to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new applications and system enhancements.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Build relationships with software development and engineering teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to system users for all modified and new systems.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve system related problems.
- Document all pertinent system user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders (i.e. management, developers, system users).
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches and hot fixes.
- Maintain currency, completeness and accuracy of all documentation.
- Maintain an awareness of industry best practices for engineering information systems (PLM, CAD, etc.).
- Perform operational tasks such as new project setup etc.
Education & Certification
- University degree or college diploma in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Certifications such as CMII, CMMI, ITIL, PMP, CBAP or CSWP are assets
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling and data modeling.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware systems.
- Working technical knowledge of Java, VB Script, .Net and SQL programming languages are an asset.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience with core software applications, including AutoCAD, SolidWorks, PDM/PLM systems, ERP (JDE), AutoCAD Electrical, Eplan.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations.
- Hands-on technical writing and editing experience, with specific experience in documenting information technology software and systems.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications, especially Services Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Service Bus, XML, integration strategies, etc.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Occasional work-related travel.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Why join ATS?
- Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, every other Tuesday is “Treat Day”!
- Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
- Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
- Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
- Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
- Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
- And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
ATS Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process