Software Developer Linux C/C++ (Intermediate)
Smart manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries.
We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
Software Developer | Linux & C/C++ (Intermediate)
Based in Kitchener, Ontario
One Intermediate position available
Working in our product development team, you will be focused on providing connectivity software for the Semiconductor Industry that provides SEMI compliant factory automation communications for semiconductor, solar, MEMs, LED and other high-technology manufacturing equipment.
Scope of Duties:
- Use your design skills and your coding talent to sustain and enhance the functionality of our connectivity products.
- Design, develop, code, and integrate applications using UML, C, C++, C#, Visual Studio, TFS.
- Code for multiplatform applications – especially Linux, but also Solaris, Windows.
- Perform unit testing on code and participate in bug fixes.
- Develop and manage build scripts and product release packages
- Develop a solid knowledge of and effectively leverage PEER Group’s connectivity products and the Semiconductor automation standards.
- Learn and use PEER Group’s testing products: PFAT™, CCS Envoy™ and SECSIM Pro®.
- Exercise your strong investigation skills in analyzing product defects.
- Support our QA team with feature handoffs and product knowledge.
- Interact with your team, management, and customers, to resolve Tier 2 support issues.
- Work flexible hours or overtime as needed.
- Occasional travel to customer sites within North America, Asia and Europe may be required.
To excel in this position, you need to possess:
- Post-secondary education in a technical field (Engineering, Systems Design, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science) and/or work experience, ideally in the area of automation technology.
- Intermediate work experience in a Software Development role using related technologies and design methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of software design and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong coding skills and intermediate work experience in Linux environments using C/C++ and also in Windows and Unix operating systems is required.
- Special knowledge of automation is an asset.
- Keen problem solving and troubleshooting skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, with the ability to effectively interact with customers and teammates, face to face and remotely.
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed.
You’ve always been a quick learner and you have the ability to hold a lot of details in your head – which gives you an edge when jumping into a new product space and assimilating the legacy of information that you need to know to become a guru. You have an amazing ability to figure out technology puzzles and get things to work. When you have a tricky problem in your head, it doesn’t leave you until it’s solved. You have pride of purpose and heroic acts of problem-solving are your specialty.
You understand the importance of having a rock solid code base to build the future products on and you enjoy the challenge of keeping the core product on track while adapting to new functionality driven by industry requirements.
Please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 145 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, ability and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and celebrate diversity in our workplace. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com or call HR at 519 749 9554. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality.