JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (NEW YORK)
Location: New York
Founded in 2005, Voices.com is the largest global online marketplace for audio and voice over products and services comprised of half a million business clients and voice actors.
Its flagship website, www.voices.com, records approximately two million unique visitors annually and has enabled over 250,000 transactions to date. Voices.com recently completed an $18M growth financing with Morgan Stanley’s Growth Fund to further accelerate the Company’s online leadership position Headquarters in London, Canada the company employees more than 100 people and has clients and voice talent in 160 countries.
We are looking for a passionate and continuous learner who is capable of bringing innovative ideas to the table. As the head of the Business Development team at Voices.com, you will be a proven leader in strategic thinking and identifying new partnerships to propel the business forward. .
As part of the executive team reporting to the CEO, you will lead our business development vision and strategy, demonstrate sound business decision making, and exhibit strong interdepartmental leadership by closely collaborating with the CEO, VP of Sales and the VP of Marketing.
- Establishing a strong presence and visibility as a senior leader in the organization
- Formulating business strategies and goals
- Demonstrable track record of developing new business / relationships
- Researching and developing new opportunities that correspond to company services
- Identifying objectives and strategies to expand market share and customer base
- Assisting with promotion of the company; representing the company in diverse forums (relevant industry organizations, tradeshows and conferences)
- Participating in the presentation of proposals and bids to potential customers
- Accountable to ensure that all employees in the group are properly qualified and trained to perform their work
- Extensive and productive network of relationships built in the media or advertising industry would be an asset
- Proven track record of effective negotiation
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid business acumen
- 5+ years of recent experience leading a Business Development team in a senior leadership role
- Highly strategic thinker with experience in the technology/software industry
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate function
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on large-scale partnership projects
- Experience in change management and getting buy-in as you excite the company at the prospects of new partnership opportunities
- Bring a data driven approach: extremely comfortable in the language of data and statistical analysis, you understand the value of a metrics-focused strategy
- Professionally assertive, action orientated, hands-on “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Makes strategic decisions in the best interest of Voices.com and our customers, absent of personal ego or agenda and leads with same philosophy
- Builds trust and effective relationships with peers on the leadership team and throughout the company
- A skilled leader who invests in developing high-performing, customer centric, kind and collaborative people and teams
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices.com values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices.com is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. Please include links to your work. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices.com thanks all Vice President of Business Development candidates in advance.