The Right Candidate:
In short, we’re looking for impact-minded software engineers and architects – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through artificial intelligence. As a Senior Back End Developer in EMAGIN, you’ll be responsible for maintaining data structures behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We’re looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to join our purpose-driven community as you bridge the technical and business worlds to deliver products for the global water sector. You’ll have the opportunity to lead teams in building mission critical systems and services for high profile clients globally using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment. We’re looking for individuals with a broad set of both management and technical skills.
What You'll Do:
As a Senior Back End Developer, you will specifically play a major role leading a team of developers and engineers in deploying and supporting EMAGIN’s Hybrid Adaptive Real-time Intelligence (HARVI) application.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of scalable infrastructure to ingest large-scale time series
- Development and implementation of scalable, features and architecture across all EMAGIN products, providing synchronized and consistency in performance and robustness.
- Work with software developers and architects to build and deploy a real-time dashboard and virtual assistant in water and wastewater facilities.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Develop scalable, and robust machine-learning model deployment, and computation mechanism for near real-time computation
What you’ll need:
3+ years experience with Python for backend development
3+ years experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB
3+ years experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
3+ years experience with cloud technologies, specifically AWS
Strong project management and organizational skills
Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Why we think you will love working with us:
Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Access to our amazing amenities such as a games room, ping pong table, basketball court and an indoor gym
- Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario's Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify.