At Parity, we provide a cloud based building automation system that adapts each building’s energy use to the demands of its residents.
Multi-residential buildings account for 39% of CO2 emissions each year and we are committed to reducing their environmental footprint. We use AI to optimize building performance and provide our customers with an overview of their building’s operational data.
We are an early stage startup based in downtown Toronto and are part of the MaRS portfolio. We are looking for a self driven backend developer to help scale our infrastructure and integrate data with our customer dashboard.
You will be the 4th member of our dev team which means you’ll have the ability to influence our tech and will see the direct impact of your work.
- 2+ years experience with MVC frameworks (Django / Rails)
- Understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL, database design)
- Experience building REST APIs (Django REST framework)
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- Understanding of modern application infrastructure and management (AWS, - Continuous integration, Continuous deployment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well within teams (Code reviews, Scrum)
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to microservices
- Exposure to Modbus TCP
- Experience with JS frameworks (React, AngularJS)
- Startup experience (self motivated, fast paced, small team)
- Familiarity with mechanical or electrical systems, building operations and/or energy management
- Links to Stackoverflow account and/or a Github account in application
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Learn and grow with our dev team as we scale
- Build scalable infrastructure to collect and learn from high volumes of incoming building data
- Build new microservices for the web application, which helps property managers and condo board members interact with their mechanical systems
- Work in a fast paced environment and get the satisfaction of frequently deploying your code
- Influence software architecture and product roadmap
- Work with others excited about tech, AI and reducing CO2 emissions
We offer flexible work hours, a competitive salary and stock options. We are located in the co-working space, Devhub, near King & Bathurst and have happy hour every Friday. The space frequently hosts community tech events like hack nights, workshops and guest panel discussions. There are office dogs(!!) and unlimited access to caffeine.
If interested please send a resume, LinkedIn account, or Stackoverflow developer story. Also, tell us about one popular website that was built using Django (ex. Instagram!)