Senior Director of Operations
Senior Director of Operations
Location: Waterloo, Canada
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, has an opening for a Senior Director of Operations to support the success and growth of the company. The role involves leadership of several essential functions including IT Infrastructure, Tools, Security, and Enterprise Platform Management
The Senior Director of Operations will be responsible for enabling NAVBLUE, a global company to leverage leading-edge collaboration tools to drive effective and accelerated business value to the customer. In addition, this position will be responsible for strengthening the organization’s security posture in order to protect both the business, its employees and our customers.
- Advise and provide strategic direction for the overall IT Operations landscape
- Establish an enterprise platform vision and strategy in collaboration with senior leadership team and business
- Effectively manage, coach and grow a team of IT professionals focused on infrastructure, business/collaboration tools, security and enterprise platform
- Plan and execute on all change initiatives with clear visibility and communication
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the Cyber, Information Security, and Physical Security program, ensuring a best in class security posture
- Ensure implementation of KPIs & metrics throughout the department
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported
- IT vendor and asset management including negotiations with hardware and service providers to optimize performance and costs
- Manage audit and compliance programs related to security, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning
- Build a culture of reliability and predictability using DevOps principles including automation for infrastructure, deployment, monitoring and recovery focused on measuring and optimizing MTTR (mean-time-to-recovery) as a key metric
- Collaborate and maintain strong relationships across organization and establish rapport and credibility both internally and with service providers
- Drive continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility
- Build and maintain IAC (infrastructure as code) in collaboration with the Software Factory and Technology Leadership team
- Be an enabler of efficiency for the organization and an advocate for both Agile and DevOps philosophies
- 10+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in IT roles
- 5+ years in a leadership capacity administering major IT Operations
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a variety of audiences and stakeholders included Executive, Senior Management, and Business leaders
- Exceptional collaboration and influencing skills, specifically a demonstrated ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic environment
- An influential leader who can make difficult decisions and keep teams engaged
- Demonstrated ability to develop/coach team members and build a high performing team
- In-depth experience negotiating with and managing third parties
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
- Language skills: Mandatory English; French an asset
- Excellent management, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Proven success in leading and motivating a team through change
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal skills; adaptable to all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee (which usually involves some delicious free food)
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.