DevOps Pipeline Specialist
DevOps Pipeline Specialist
Location: Waterloo, Canada
Reports to: DevOps Pipeline Manager
Have you ever wondered about the technology used by airlines to put and keep their flights in the air? Are you curious about the tools that enable aviation personnel to operate safely and productively? Do you know what it takes for airlines to win in an increasingly competitive market?
We do. We’re passionate about aviation, and we’re on the leading edge of the industry building that technology for a growing global clientele.
Sound like fun? Then join us.
We have an opening for a DevOps Pipeline Specialist to help us realize the full potential of our flight operations software solutions. The DevOps Pipeline Specialist is expected to provide support, coordination and delivery of the software delivery platform for NAVBLUE. To be successful in this position you must be driven by a love and curiosity for technologies especially as the relate to software delivery. The individual must be effective as an independent contributor as well as a key member of a collaborative environment.
- Follow standardized processes and procedures, and also apply problem solving and troubleshooting skills to find solutions in order to monitor, maintain and improve the NAVBLUE DevOps pipeline. These systems include:
- Core systems (GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, etc.)
- Build agents (generic or specialized)
- Monitoring systems
- Feedback systems
- Provide a standardized onboarding process to new teams on the pipeline and follow up with the teams as required to ensure the pipeline is providing appropriate feedback and delivering value.
- Ensure that code changes are introduced using our processes and standards and investigate and follow up with any issues that arise from non-conformities to these processes
- Work with new teams in their adoption of new automation tools to ensure the teams are using their tools effectively. Follow up with teams on any questions or issues they have with the following:
- Jenkins Pipelines
- Packer image builds
- Docker builds
- Terraform deployments
- Ansible roles
- Improve product quality by implementing new systems that will provide insights and feedback earlier in the development process. This will require a broad knowledge of systems, as well as applying problem solving skills to complex issues.
- Coordinate with Operations team on the pre-defined approval process, to ensure the DevOps pipeline is effectively providing the approvals, gates, and feedback needed to deliver quickly while maintaining compliance.
- When the need arises, troubleshoot development and test team deployments and provide feedback to developers to reduce deployment failures.
- 3 to 5 years of DevOps experience handling build, release and deployment of software in Linux
and Windows environment.
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (shell, python, groovy, etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Ansible or Chef
- General knowledge of software build automation (make, maven, dotnet, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure automation (Terraform, Packer, Ansible, etc.)
- Must work effectively as part of a small team
- Driven by a technical curiosity and desire to make things better
- Strong communication, facilitation and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel Internationally as required (0-10%)
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure management is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile environment is an asset
- Degree or Diploma with an emphasis on IT and/or software development
Located in the heart of University of Waterloo’s David Johnston Research + Technology Park, NAVBLUE is close to shops, restaurants, gyms, daycare, and many other amenities, and only 10 minutes away from Hwy 85. The modern design of our suite on the second floor of the Accelerator Centre draws its inspiration from airport terminals, and features bright, open work stations, rather than boxed-in cubicles. As part of our family, you will enjoy:
- Flexible hours
- Free parking
- Strong work-life balance with scarce requirements for overtime or extra hours
- Laid back, friendly environment
- Casual dress code (shorts and jeans welcome!)
- Competitive group benefits plan
- RRSP matching program
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- An active social committee (which usually involves some delicious free food)
- Lunch hour sporting activities (hockey, soccer, volleyball etc.) with a shower on site
- And much more!
Not to mention, the aviation industry’s ongoing digital transformation means we must continually innovate and rise to the many challenges faced by our geographically diverse customers. We are always looking for creative ways to improve our processes and technologies to be a leader in the highly competitive aviation market.
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is a leading global provider of flight operations solutions, including aeronautical charts, navigation data solutions, flight planning, aircraft performance software (take-off/landing, weight and balance), and crew planning solutions. These products directly support millions of flights each year and help NAVBLUE customers maximize efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with complex national and international safety regulations, and effectively deliver their services.
Through digital and collaborative innovation, our passionate and customer-focused team develops solutions to enhance the safety and efficiency of air transport. Over the last few years, Airbus has been supportive of various initiatives such as Going Digital, Performance Based Navigation Services, Air Traffic Management Modernization Programs, FlySmart on iOS and other digital projects related to new aircraft technologies; the launch of NAVBLUE was therefore a natural step to further develop its Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management Portfolio.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus, fueled by the agility of Airbus ProSky and Navtech (acquired in 2016), and the pioneering spirit of Airbus, NAVBLUE was created in July 2016 with one mission: lead aviation into the digital age.
NAVBLUE is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France), Waterloo, ON (Canada), Halifax, NS (Canada), with other offices all around the world.