Smart manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group® provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries.
We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
Software Quality Assurance Specialist | Services Team
Several positions available for Juniors and Intermediates on our services team Based in Kitchener, ON
Delivering software solutions that work in the timeframe they are needed creates loyal customers. Our QA team helps build customer trust by ensuring that the software they purchase meets their needs and exceeds their expectations and that timely help is available if needed. We want to hire people who can be dedicated to the Quality Assurance and Support of our software products and solutions.
As a member of the QA team, you will be assigned to work on specific services projects. Following PEER Group’s quality assurance processes, you will develop test plans and carry out manual and automated testing, where appropriate, to create high quality software deliverables.
You may be asked to provide Customer Support. This puts our QA specialists in a unique position – they get to work with the customer directly and leverage knowledge of products and customer solutions gained through testing to help solve support issues and improve our testing approach.
What’s the challenge?
- Review and analyze software requirements and functional specification documents.
- Design and write test plans and innovative test cases to ensure that the software delivers the required functionality while meeting defined standards.
- Identify value-add opportunities to automate testing and write the necessary scripts.
- Use your coding skills to develop and maintain code for simulators to test our software.
- Perform manual and automated functional, integration, regression, user acceptance, and performance/load testing.
- Write SQL queries and analyze data returned.
- Report software defects in a clear and consistently documented manner using PEER's testing tools and procedures.
- Work as part of a services team to produce software deliverables according to documented specifications and planned timelines.
- Learn about PEER Group’s products, the Semiconductor automation standards, and customer solutions. Interact with your team, customers, and management.
- Triage and log customer reported questions and issues as cases in our MS CRM system and work with the rest of the engineering team to provide timely and successful resolution.
- Possibility for occasional travel for integration support and testing.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Post-secondary education in a technical or scientific field that has required you to do some programming (Engineering, Systems Design, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics etc.).
- 2+ years of work experience in a testing role
- Working knowledge of scripting languages and automated testing tools.
- Knowledge of software design.
- Proven ability writing test plans and creative test cases.
- Programming experience in C#, C/C++, or VB.NET
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to analyze log files to trace bugs as part of the QA process.
- Dedication to working within project deadlines and facilitating successful completion of projects on schedule.
- Demonstrated customer service skills - empathetic, active listening skills, creates rapport quickly.
- Practical experience using MS Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Experience with UNIX and/or Linux a plus.
- High aptitude for Quality Assurance.
- Devise unanticipated scenarios from software requirements capable of challenging even the best-developed software.
- Outstanding attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and enthusiastic commitment to following processes.
- Problem solving skills like lateral thinking, initiative, logical reasoning and persistence.
- Hands-on execution of both white box and black box testing.
- Strong skills in written and spoken English - ability to listen and communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
- Learn new technologies and software systems quickly.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities via test plans and task updates.
- High commitment to success and a professional demeanor are assumed.
Breaking it to make it better
You can code. You may have gone to school thinking that you would be a developer - and then you tried QA… You like to break things and you use your creativity to figure out how to make software behave in unexpected ways. That’s what makes you good at QA - you take personal pride and responsibility for delivering high quality software.
You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan - requirements gathering, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, solid development and testing processes, coordinating and communicating the plan for delivery and acceptance - that leads to customer satisfaction.
You want to work with a great team of people - lots of drive, lots of respect and lots of learning. We use the right methodology for the job – from Agile to modified waterfall. You’re ready to get started – all you need is a challenging job and a great mentor.
Come and work in an environment where professionals have a chance to become experts; where you work in a small company environment, but deal in the big leagues. Come to PEER Group.
Please submit your resume by email as a .doc, or .pdf attachment. To fast track your application, please include an electronic copy of your transcripts with your application via e-mail to Careers@peergroup.com. Visit our careers section for more information on applying to and interviewing with PEER Group.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 140 people worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, ability and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workplace.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR at 519 749 9554. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality