Software Test Engineer, Wearable Applications
You are someone who is always thinking about how the customer will use the product and take the time to dive “under the hood” to figure out how everything works. You’re passionate about quality software and love working directly with different teams to achieve the common goal of building an amazing product that exceeds expectations. You are naturally curious and always ask questions like “why does it work this way?” or “what happens if I do this?” You’re also extremely organized and someone who can be counted on to go that extra mile to make sure that a project is successful.
What you'll do:
- Take the lead on testing experiences associated with one of our new projects
- Work with development to manually test new features and debug the project as we integrate it into our ecosystem.
- Create new test cases and maintain the test plan for your experiences
- As the project develops you’ll start to define where we can automate the testing. This will require creative solutions as we try to automate testing of a computer wearable
- Follow standard software testing processes, while trying to think creatively about how to test our products as efficiently as possible
What you need:
- 3+ years experience in testing mobile applications, embedded products or something even more complex
- Ability to understand and create test plans/cases from specifications or verbal communications
- An eye for detail and a passion for delivering software that provides a world-class experience to end users
- A 'do what it takes' attitude towards getting things done within tight deadlines
- Strong scripting skills in a common language is a definite asset
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.