You’re a senior RF systems architect with experience developing various RF connectivity solutions in technically challenging products. You're a hands-on designer and are the kind of person who has all the answers to life's toughest RF related engineering problems. You’ve previously held senior roles developing successful connectivity solutions within the consumer technologies space and now you’re ready for the next challenge. As an RF engineer at North, you will focus on design and development of state-of-the-art solutions for our products while delivering manufacturable designs to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints. If you're often referred to as “the expert” in terms of the “go to” person for answers, and are a natural team player who wants to change the future of wearable tech, this may be the job for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Within 30 days you will:
- Come up to speed on the current product RF design
- Make recommendations to existing designs as needed
- Assist product teams with feature definitions and higher level requirements, then translate the needs to engineering RF specifications
- Beyond 30 days you will:
- Own the end-to-end solution for RF subsystems through all phases of development including: requirements, design, verification, compliance/FCC, manufacturing test, product ramp and related sustaining activities.
- Create solutions that will overcome multi-radio coexistence, desense or Electromagnetic Interference (EMI).
- Work with various teams to rapid prototype critical areas to mitigate design risk.
- Drive the RF related component design decisions, assist supply chain and liaison with various RF component suppliers.
- Utilize Orcad/Cadence tools to capture the RF schematic design portion and guide layout decisions
- Create related specifications, test procedures, verification reports and associated test fixture design support.
- Push the boundaries to achieve optimal RF performance with the best possible RF architectural design given the challenges that come with wearable designs.
- Analysis of system performance (including periodic analysis of data collected from field tests)
- Conduct simulations, link budget analysis, design integration and optimization as well as verification/validation as required.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years experience designing RF system and RF IC design
- Masters in Electrical, Telecommunications or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in mobile wireless design in areas of MIMO/BT/WiFi/LTE as well as other RF modulation techniques coupled with keen detail towards design for manufacturing
- Hands-on vendor management expertise (scheduling, resourcing, task management)
- Inquisitive, proactive, and not intimidated while overcoming obstacles
- Proficient in using RF related lab equipment including VNA’s, spectrum analyzers, power meters as well as resulting data analysis.
- CDMA/UMTS/LTE RF mobile design experience: Front End, PA’s, band filters, antenna switch, transceiver and baseband chipsets
- Working knowledge of required RF related industry standards
- Strong simulation and analysis background
Bonus points for:
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional technical projects
- Knowledge of antenna design/interfacing with antenna designers
- Cadence/Orcad schematic capture and layout tool experience
- Wearable RF experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design