You have proven experience leading teams responsible for delivering manufacturing processes and strategies. You’ve previously held leadership roles with successful technology organizations and now you’re ready for your next big challenge. You possess a broad technical knowledge base which has been rounded out through experience working in dynamic environments. You also love a good dose of analysis by providing research and analytical interpretation to formulate strategies and recommendations. You are recognized as someone who leads a team with integrity, inspires others, and enables them to deliver their best work.
- Within 15 days,
- Meet with the operations, planning, and broader engineering teams to understand the current status of operations within North
- Review the current manufacturing strategy around Focals to understand its ability to meet North’s global growth plans. Maximum flexibility at minimum cost
- Use the immediate time to try and learn as much as possible about Focals (how they work, manufacturing processes, equipment, supply chain, etc)
- Interact with relevant teams to understand current capabilities of North and its partners
- Within 30 days,
- Manage day to day activities of your Operations Engineering Community which will consist of Manufacturing Engineers, Process Engineers, and Product Engineers
- Establish team and individual goals and objectives
- Review and amend as appropriate, current and future staffing requirements
- Review and enhance current reporting processes
- Identify systems gaps in executing on the above plans
- Within 60 days,
- Coach and inspire team members
- Provide leadership to staff which will include personal and professional development, and ensure resources are in place for growth
- Provide technical guidance and direction when issues arise in Manufacturing
- Continuously monitor Key Performance Indicators, looking for opportunities to improve processes, capacity utilization, and waste reduction
- Establish a plan to address current gaps and future requirements for systems
- Represent Operations during Design Reviews for new and revised products
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 10+ years in a leadership role
- Engineering Degree or diploma in a related field
- Mechanical/Electrical/Optical aptitude
- Outstanding negotiation and mediation/conflict resolution skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team-oriented mindset and awareness of process
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience with Arena(PLM), Netsuite(ERP) and SolidWorks
- Operations or Engineering experience within a high volume, high mix, configure-to-order consumer electronics environment
- P.Eng designation an asset
- Lean 6 Sigma background
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for components such as batteries, RoHS, WEEE,Eyewear, etc.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.