Product Marketing Associate
EnPowered allows everyday consumers to control their electricity. Whether they want to save money or reduce their emissions, we build the tools to let consumers take charge of their energy.
EnPowered offers the lowest electricity rates using our AI algorithms which predict spikes in electricity prices, allowing customers to reduce usage during these spikes to save up to 50% on their electricity costs. We are already live in Ontario and are now expanding into U.S. markets.
Our core team of five employees has grown our Ontario business to profitability, and we are now looking to grow the team as we expand into U.S. markets. If you are passionate about energy and the environment, and you are looking for the opportunity to meaningfully contribute, you will fit right in!
We are located in the awesome Communitech building in downtown Kitchener-Waterloo (there’s a ping-pong table, a foosball table, and a slide) and we have fun team outings every month.
EnPowered is looking for two Product Marketing Associates who will be responsible for shaping EnPowered’s go-to-market strategy and marketing channels within the energy space. These roles will require the successful candidates to work together to launch our new offering in the U.S. market with consumers and small businesses, while also continuing to support our existing sales team in the Ontario market.
What you’ll do
- Launch new offering in the U.S. market
- We have just begun operations in the U.S. markets and will be launching our branding/marketing efforts from scratch. The candidate will be expected to help develop our strategic messaging and product positioning, test with potential users, help to optimize our product by working with the product team, and then launch our full marketing campaign in the U.S. markets
- Strategy: Research the competitive space to develop our messaging and positioning strategies related to both the existing product and the company brand
- Test: Test all marketing and product assumptions with actual users both in-person and via surveys to improve the launch strategy
- Optimize: Based on testing results, help the design and development teams to optimize the product offering to meet customer needs
- Launch: Based on the marketing strategy that is developed, launch a full PR/SEM/Content marketing campaign in the U.S. markets
- Support existing sales team
- Our sales team will be selling to enterprise accounts in the Ontario market, mostly large industrial and agricultural businesses. The candidate will be expected to support these sales efforts via SEM, SEO, content marketing, and tradeshows
- SEM: improve our existing SEM campaigns which target potential customers in the Ontario market and manage our existing marketing spend
- SEO: vet the existing website to find ways to improve our ranking for related keywords
- Content: help to draft blogs, videos, or other content to improve our SEO and brand presence online for related keywords
- Tradeshows: organize the strategy for several industry-related tradeshows, such as developing novel ways to attract potential customers at these tradeshows
Who you are
- You are interested in fundamentally changing the energy industry
- You enjoy continuously learning and are not afraid to give and receive feedback
- You are capable of working independently and have strong attention to detail
- You are excited to work hard and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years of related product marketing experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ideally able to provide high-quality writing samples from personal projects or previous jobs
- Proven experience creating product messaging and working closely with sales/marketing teams to optimize a product offering in a previous role
- Strong collaboration skills with experience in working cross functionally to execute effective go-to-market plans
- Prior experience managing SEM campaigns, optimizing websites for SEO performance, and researching and creating content
- Ideally some basic development knowledge, sufficient to manage SEO improvements on your own without relying too heavily on the development team