The product development team at Bridgit is growing again. We’re looking for an experienced developer who can help us plan and build robust systems that scale and, most importantly, make our customers happy. We’ve had great success with Bridgit Closeout, and we’re ramping up on new products and exciting enhancements to target all aspects of the construction project lifecycle.
Joining us as an experienced developer you’ll be designing, experimenting, testing, and building entirely new solutions and extending existing ones. We’ve got a lot of big plans and you’ll be participating in their execution day one. Some of the things we’re doing:
· Building new services with .Net Core, Go, and Node.js
· Building and running a scalable backend with Docker and Kubernetes
· Leveraging serverless technologies like AWS lambda
· Practicing continuous deployment and continuous delivery in an agile workflow
Our existing app runs on Rails and if you’ve got some experience with that, great—but Bridgit Closeout is where we were and not where we’re going. We’re building a beautiful, modern, modular system and we want you to be a big part of that.
We work as an integrated product development team. Designers, developers, and testers all work together with no silos or artificial barriers. We work in iterative sprints and spend a lot of time ensuring the team understands the why of any work they’re doing in addition to the what. On Wednesdays the team is encouraged to work from wherever they feel most productive and meetings are banned. On Fridays in the summer we work half days and the rest of the year we have a company-wide social starting at 4pm. We value our time and reject the notion that life should take a back seat to work. Did you know we have an unlimited vacation policy?
Here at Bridgit we use Macs and we run our systems on Linux. Quite a few of us use Windows at home and feel no shame about it. If you have a strong preference for a specific OS that’ll make you happy and productive; we’re open to that. We’re happily 100% cloud-hosted with nothing on-prem, and nothing in a co-lo. We’re going to keep it that way but how, where, and what are open for discussion.
· Experience building quality software with deep knowledge of one or more OOP languages
· A desire to teach and learn from your peers
· Experience developing and shipping SaaS (or a or a strong desire to do so)
· Experience developing and debugging software that employs multithreading, caching, and persistent data stores
· Experience building and maintaining code as part of a SoA/microservice system
· You can explain what SOLID stands for and why the concepts are important (in your own words… Googling for a refresher of the acronym is 👍)
· A desire to stay up to date on current technologies and development methods
· A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or ample practical experience
We recognize many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. Creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success and if you’re not sure you meet every qualification but you’re excited about the role and where we’re going, please send your CV to email@example.com to the attention of Andrew Lockwood.
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire