Senior Software Developer (Fleet Manager)
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Senior Software Developer (Fleet Manager)
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 5+ Years of relevant DevOps/SW Dev related experience
Education: Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Computer Systems Technology or related field
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to help make OTTO Motors products installation and configuration so simple and smooth no one will believe it has happened. Specifically, we are looking for a dedicated, knowledgeable individual to help, with the potential to lead, existing and new developments in multi-host SW product installation, configuration, and lifecycles.
- Support our software developers as they build software to take over the world to deploy the latest features without needing customers to understand the OSI model, RFC 1123 or provide a retina scan.
- Develop or extend systems related to product software installation and configuration.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and establishment of best practices for our software deployment strategy.
- Research and evaluate new technologies, re-examine applications of current technology and systems to achieve new performance or efficiency goals.
- Contribute to and extend documentation and materials to empower users of our Fleet Management solutions.
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job and are never satisfied with less than 100% effort. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. As a Software Developer in configuration management, you know the ins and outs of Information Technology applied to software deployment and strive to automate whatever you can along the way. You keep on top of the latest technologies and have an unnatural love for destroying things just to see how they work. You’re also an excellent communicator and team player with an eye toward leadership, and you’ve got a real knack for coming up with solutions that make (and keep) people happy.
- Post-secondary diploma in Computer Systems Technology, Software development or related field
- 5+ years’ experience working within IT or Software development related role(s)
- Strong Debian based Linux skills - package management and configuration
- Strong bash or other shell scripting languages
- SCM experience (git, Gitlab, Github, Bitbucket, SVN etc.)
- Experience working with Virtual Computing infrastructure (VMware, ESX, vSphere, Virtual Box etc)
- Experience configuring or deploying web-based applications
- Remote server management and deployment exposure (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Experience with CMake, make or other software build solutions
- Postgres or other database administration and/or integration experience
- Experience with ticket and content management systems (JIRA, Confluence etc.)
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.