Virtek Vision International is a Canadian high technology company based in Waterloo. Virtek is a leading provider of laser and vision-based templating and inspection solutions. Virtek plays a dominant role in our markets and the major aerospace companies rely on us to create modern aircraft.
Virtek’s solutions support manufacturers world-wide in a variety of specialized industries to assist with assembly processes. Our solutions provide the ability to project a pattern of laser light onto a work surface or part with a high degree of accuracy, speed, and precision for applications such as composite ply layup, paint masking, placement of components or materials, to quality inspection and reverse engineering tasks.
As a key member of the Operations team, your main goal is to ensure the uninterrupted supply of material to support manufacturing while ensuring customer requirements are met.
Reporting to the Materials Manager, you will:
- Action all purchases and exceptions generated by MRP.
- Manage supplier relationships including supply, negotiations, consolidation. Provide forecasts to suppliers to ensure proper mix and availability.
- Place purchase orders as required based on demand, reschedule and expedite as schedules change.
- Place purchase orders for all services and non-production and requirements.
- Conduct price/economic order quantity analysis and compare multiple quotes including piece cost, freight, duty, performance systems.
- Monitor inventory levels and adjust parameters according to demand and supplier capability.
- Assist with cycle audits and physical inventory. Monitor inventory levels and adjust accordingly.
- Manage the item master within the ERP system maintaining proper source, costs, lead times, reorder points and safety stocks.
- Develop, implement and track a supplier scorecard to monitor performance and mitigate supply risk.
- Establish a second source of supply for all critical components.
- Resolve parts shortages and quality issues with suppliers.
- Support shipper receiver in the receipt, verification and put away of incoming shipments.
- Distribution of all non-conforming purchased material. Work with Manufacturing Engineer to obtain corrective action and closure.
- Ensure timely deployment of new product deployments into manufacturing. Work closely with engineering and configuration management to proactively source and cost all new items.
- Demonstrated experience or education in purchasing / Materials Management and the responsibilities of this role.
- Experience in MRP functionality including forecasting, planning, purchasing.
- Designation or completed courses in PMAC, SCMA.
- Ability to manage multiple expectations while collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Ability and drive to take on increased levels of learning and accountability with responsibility, good judgement, and exceptional service attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with and build relationships with all core groups and suppliers.