Software Developer in Test
- 55 King Street West
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Senior Software Developer in Test
Enterprise Resource Planning
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
About Oracle NetSuite:
Our goal is to transform how businesses operate. We help businesses achieve their business vision, no matter the size or industry. We’re the #1 cloud business software, supporting more than 40,000 organizations, in more than 100 countries. Find out more about Oracle NetSuite at www.netsuite.com.
The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) division is made up of 60+ Developers, Testers, Technical Writers, UX Designers/Researchers and Product Managers. Our office embodies the roots of a start-up culture within a large organization, and our ERP crew delivers on business critical functionality every day. We offer great perks, such as a healthy breakfast, team events and subsidized educational advancement opportunities.
About the ERP Warehouse Management Team:
Have you ever ordered something online? If so, there’s a high chance it came from a warehouse. At Oracle NetSuite, we develop one of the leading ERP solutions, helping companies effectively manage their warehouses.
Come design, develop, and innovate with us to build the next generation of our world-class ERP system.
What You’ll Do Every Day:
- Design and implement automated functional tests and automated UI tests.
- Efficiently create test plans and context switch between test plan preparation and automated test writing.
- Participate in the team’s code review process in an active and timely fashion.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with team members, including Technical Support teams, to see their resolution through to completion. Collaborate with fellow team members (Testers, Developers, Product Managers) to deliver on a shared responsibility for quality.
- Contribute to product roadmap discussions and implementation.
- Mentor more junior members of the team and co-op students.
- Help lead initiatives that make us stronger as a team (e.g. internal dashboarding, metrics for our success in production, improved build processes).
- Contribute ideas and effort for continuous improvement for the team, in its Agile process and in its general team effectiveness.
What You Bring to the Table:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software engineering or related experience, in Java (preferred), C# or C++.
- Experience testing database-driven web applications.
- Experience working with SQL (preferably in Oracle).
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols and Web browsers.
- Experience working in an agile team (one with developers and testers working on the same goal at the same time).
- Experience troubleshooting everything from your own development environment to client issues.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 18001A0O