After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contract)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
The After-hours Support Representative is responsible for the experience, safety, and reception of those visiting or working in the Communitech Hub outside regular hours. The Communitech Hub is located at 151 Charles St W in Kitchener and encompasses 110,000 sq feet of space for our employees, tenants and ecosystem partners.
If you have exceptional customer service skills, are reliable, and have a passion for ensuring a clean, safe environment, read on. This is a great opportunity for a student and will require a commitment of approximately 10-15 hours weekly, generally weekday evenings.
What you’ll be doing…
- Registering guests attending after-hours events
- Foot patrols of the office space
- Arranging meeting room furniture as required and ensuring rooms are clean and stocked with necessary supplies
- Ensuring the facility is maintained in top working order for all tenants and clients
- Trouble-shooting and providing basic technical support to clients and staff for telephone systems, video-conferencing and audio-visual equipment (training provided)
- Other duties as assigned
The HR Stuff
- Strong customer service skills are critical
- Minimum 1-year experience in both security and customer service roles
- Technical aptitude with a variety of systems
- A self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be reliable and have flexible availability
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by November 5, 2018.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2nfE5Gj
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status