Oculys Health Informatics is a Canadian Ontario-based software healthcare company specializing in developing real-time and predictive software to solve bottlenecks and streamline efficiency – we are the most innovative, affordable, real-time visual management system no-one thought was possible. We deliver innovative solutions to healthcare executives and clinicians in real-time to help hospitals run more efficiently and transparently.
Our technology is currently implemented in 30+ hospital sites throughout Ontario and Manitoba, including the public-facing real-time Emergency Department wait time web site. This was launched by Kitchener’s St. Mary’s General Hospital (http://www.smgh.ca/ed-wait-times/).
You will be joining an award-winning, successful and growing company. Oculys recently won 3rd place in a global healthcare technology competition, the Interface Healthcare Challenge 2017. This annual competition invites companies across the globe to compete and find the world’s most innovative digital health start-ups. Oculys was also selected as 1 of 10 of Canada’s most promising emerging technology companies to participate in Lazaridis inaugural Canadian Scale-Up Program. Oculys was recently awarded the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce 2018 Innovation Award, and named OMERS 100 HealthTech companies worth watching in Canada.
If you want to make a real-time difference and work in healthcare with an innovative team, then we’d like to meet you to find out how you can contribute directly to our success.
Our office is located in Waterloo, Ontario and more information about the company can be found at: http://oculys.com/
About the role
This position will report directly to the VP of Research and Development. We are looking for an experienced individual with the potential to play a key role in building and growing the QA practice at Oculys. The QA Analyst will receive training on Oculys solutions, our processes, and will learn about the growing healthcare industry.
This role is responsible for:
- Turning high level requirements into testing tasks and work items
- Devising creative testing strategies for core product features and custom functionality
- Working closely with product owner(s) and team lead(s) to ensure delivery meets user requirements
- Complementing automated testing efforts with exploratory testing where required
- Working with project stakeholders to conduct UAT verification
- Ensuring the accuracy of project documentation
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of leading edge manual and automated testing practices
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years of professional experience within a QA team with 3 years of professional web or other relevant software testing experience
- Experience with test case management and reporting
- Experience with exploratory testing techniques
- A self-starter with strong capabilities in critical thinking who can organize, prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with hospital and health-care software
- Working with virtualized server environments
- Understanding Microsoft SQL Server and NoSQL database concepts
- Knowledge of continuous build and integration systems
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development practices
Working at Oculys goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for hospitals, their employees, and the patients. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.