Privacy, Risk and Compliance Manager
- Auvik Networks
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
What’s this role about?
In this brand new role on the Auvik IT team, you’ll be responsible for developing, maintaining, and upholding policies and procedures to ensure Auvik maintains compliance in all areas of operation. You’ll be partnering with stakeholders across the organization on all compliance efforts, from internal rules and procedures to external regulations such as GDPR, ISO 27001, CASL, and SSAE18.
What will I be doing?
As a champion for driving security and privacy compliance for Auvik, these are a few of the things you’ll do:
- Perform an annual risk assessment that includes identifying all systems supporting key processes, assessing controls (general and application) for key systems, and assessing and developing test procedures and testers.
- Maintain an IT risk control matrix to document all key systems, controls, and testing procedures.
- Coordinate and help test and evaluate systems and controls for GDPR, CASL, ISO, and SSAE18 compliance.
- Provide security and privacy training and documentation as needed.
- Work with the operations teams and business units to remediate control deficiencies.
- Guide project teams on risk and control and compliance requirements for new systems.
- Serve as a liaison to internal and external auditors.
- Work on multiple projects at a time, balancing resources, due dates, and requirements.
- Develop and foster effective working relationships with each of the teams and with key business, internal audit, and compliance staff.
- Work closely with security on cybersecurity strategy and implementation.
- Work closely with owners of the access control, release management, change management, and vendor management processes to ensure compliance.
What are you looking for?
- Outstanding communication skills, with a knack for bringing teams together to achieve a single goal.
- A passion for security and privacy.
- Experience managing cross-organizational compliance programs.
- A phenomenal understanding of privacy regulation and security compliance frameworks.
Are there bonus points?
Yes! We’ll give your application extra credit if you have one or more of these:
- Certified as a Data Protection Officer
- Certified ISO or SSA18 auditor
How do I apply?
Make sure you include these two things:
- A note that tells us why you’re a great fit for Auvik
- Your resume
Thanks and good luck. We look forward to hearing from you.
Auvik aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact email@example.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially.
Auvik is a venture-backed company making software that's changing the way IT networks are managed. We're solving the problems of network complexity so our customers don't have to.
Awesome or bust—those are words we live by. We're headed all the way to the top and looking for people with the smarts, talent, and drive to join us. Are you up for it?
For more information, visit www.auvik.com.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We promise a response to every application.
Auvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.