We’re NDI – a dynamic team of professionals that have grown this company into a global leader in the design, manufacturing and integration of advanced 3D measurement technology. Our roots run deep. For over 35 years we’ve helped our customers solve their most complex measurement, motion, and device tracking applications.
About The Role:
As part of NDI’s Measurement Sciences Division, the Integration Services Manager (ISM) will be responsible for leading and mentoring a technical team that architects measurement solutions for new and existing customers. Focusing on key accounts and long term B2B partners, the ISM will liaise directly with strategic customers during their early product design stages with a mandate to help these partners field end products containing NDI technology.
As a technical leader and individual contributor, the ISM manages a small customer focused team comprising of software, hardware, mechanical and systems engineers and subcontractors. . Working closely with internal R&D, the integration team often extends the application of NDI’s core products into new spaces and in the process, develops enhanced feature sets and capabilities for consideration on future product releases.
As part of a growing team of energetic professionals, the successful incumbent will spend time gaining an in-depth understanding of the core hardware and software technologies offered by NDI’s Measurement Sciences Division including knowledge of the Life Sciences, Industrial, Simulation, and AR/VR markets it serves. This role requires a results-oriented individual with proven ability to understand complex problems, architect elegant solutions, critically evaluate alternative solutions, and effectively champion customer adoption of NDI technology.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Integration Services – Pre-Sales
- At the request of business development, work closely with the product Applications team to review key account problem statements and make initial assessments on project feasibility, attractiveness, and fit.
- Coordinate technical elements of in-field product demonstrations and/or technology benchmarking activities.
- On priority projects, engage the Integration Team directly with the customer to assess the gap between standard NDI products and the customer’s required solution. Work to overcome hardware, software, or performance related adoption barriers and propose technical solutions.
- Work closely with the Account Management team to create and negotiate preliminary Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) itemizing the technical deliverables of each party and help build consensus/agreement with the customer’s decision-making unit.
- Work with internal project management to refine NDI cost and schedule estimates as inputs into an internal business case.
Integration Services – Post-Sales
- On approved integration projects, work directly with OEM partners and key strategic customers to;
- Further refine scope statements, develop joint product architectures, create and share graphical WBS documents, and confirm expectations around deliverables for each party.
- Develop, review, and gain customer agreement on test methods, evaluation protocols, and acceptance criteria.
- Provide liaison engineering services between NDI product design engineers and customer technical resources to overcome technical hurdles.
- Work collaboratively with customer resources and project management to overcome schedule conflicts. * Work with NDI project management resources to define critical path tasks for internal- matrixed staff including development, build, and test resources.
- As needed, coordinate integration team activities with core product design engineering teams to ensure project technical requirements are achieved and integration work is minimized.
- Work with Design Verification resources and support project validation activities to ensure the NDI delivered sub-systems meet contractual obligations.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
What You’ll Bring To The Role:
- Post-secondary degree in engineering, computer science, mechatronics, mathematics, engineering physics, or equivalent;
- 7+ years' related experience in systems design and/or solution development within a high-tech company servicing a sophisticated customer base;
- Proficiency leading a diverse technical team including electronics, mechanical, software/firmware, and systems engineering disciplines;
- Proven ability to mentor and develop talent and lead people to successful outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Refined interpersonal skills with high moral and ethical standards.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- An inquisitive personality with proven relationship building skills and problem-solving acumen.
- Progressive experience working within one or more of the following fields:
- Biomedical Engineering;
- Virtual and/or Augmented Reality;
- Dimensional metrology and/or integrated/in-line measurement systems;
- Automation systems (combined hardware and software) * Direct experience using 3D measurement devices or software