Marketing Manager, Geospatial
Reporting to the General Manager, Geospatial, the Marketing Manager, Geospatial will be responsible for the creation and implementation of marketing plans that align and support the business development objectives of the Geospatial Business Unit (GBU) which consists of Teledyne Optech and Teledyne Caris.
In this highly collaborative role, you will be expected to gain a detailed understanding of the GBU’s near-term and long-term objectives, and to turn this intelligence into go-to-market strategies, sales enablement programs, and content marketing materials. The ideal candidate will have the requisite writing, content creation and PR experience to communicate technical concepts in outbound marketing vehicles that drive audience engagement, earned coverage and generate demand in a Business to Business (B2B) setting. The position requires a blend of abilities including building and managing relationships; creative thinking on strategies and programs; managing marketing development funds and budgets; and ensuring programs are measured through KPIs and metrics.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Marketing Manager’s functional responsibilities will include:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of products and solutions to define the appropriate product positioning and effectively communicate that value and articulate it simply and concisely
- Serve as marketing advisor to key stakeholders in the Geospatial Segment. Develop, maintain, and drive marketing communications initiatives to support business development - create and execute go-to-market plans utilizing an integrated marketing communications approach
- Identify opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness through better audience segmentation, marketing techniques, and processes.
- Maintain understanding of key competitors’ positioning and messaging within the Geospatial market
Demand Generation, Public Relations, Brand Optimization
- Responsible for delivering audience-specific communications, working with the broader Integrated Marketing Communications team and outside agencies, including areas of content & creative development, trade events, media planning, digital, experiential, & promotions - Ensure communication plans & messaging are aligned with business development objectives
- Identify and partner with subject matter experts (e.g., sales, BD managers, engineering, etc.) and use customer and business insights to ensure messaging accuracy. Work with business development managers to develop vertical messaging and identify content needs.
- Work to increase segments market presence and status while staying aligned with the larger Teledyne brand
- Work to maintain website roadmap for web-based improvements including ensuring fresh and engaging content and messaging platform, implementing best practices for improved engagement and conversion.
- Govern overall segment marketing calendar to maintain prioritized tactical program to ensure optimal activation by the broader integrated marketing communications team
- Coordinate with other segment managers to maximize cross market sales and promotional opportunities.
- Be the liaison and segment champion to the larger Marcom team providing insight and guidance for program delivery.
- Act as marketing liaison for distribution networks and channel partners to ensure reach for marketing communication content is maximized across all markets.
Tracking and Reporting
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure success, including campaigns and events - Measure and report on success of marketing and promotional effectiveness of commercial programs.
Preferred Demonstrable Skill Set:
- Relevant experience in marketing communications with a focus in media relations, content development, creative development, digital marketing or related role in a fast pace B2B environment.
- Excellent English language writing and editing skills.
- Possess an understanding of internet-related technologies and best practices, including those relating to content development and digital marketing.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects and aggressive deadlines as required.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills demonstrated in an ability to work effectively across functions.
- Able and authorized for international travel.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency, with profit and loss experience.
- Results-oriented, with solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Flexible and proactive in working with distributed teams.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under tight deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and a “can-do” attitude.