- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Quality Generalist
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 1+ yrs. relevant work experience
Education: Diploma in a related field
Division: OTTO Motors
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We are currently selling more robots than we can build! We require an organized individual to inspect a variety of made to spec. components. We need a Quality Generalist to take responsibility in ensuring our core products are built with components of the upmost quality as well as ensuring our core products are capable of handling specified end-user requirements. You will be a part of our Quality team helping us make sure that Clearpath robots can handle the world’s dullest, dirtiest and deadliest jobs for many years
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Incoming quality inspection of made to spec.parts
- Process/Traceability documentation
- Quality Assurance testing of all core products
Additional tasks may include:
- Process implementation and refinement
- Assembly processes
- Participating in Continuous Improvement and 5S activities
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied doing a job less than 100%. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
Required Technical Skills:
- Ability to read a schematic, identify mechanical/electrical components and determine root cause of PCB or robot test failures
- Practical understanding of mechanical/weld/paint defects
- Practical understanding of cable assembly, PCBA quality standards and common defects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
Bonus points for:
- Any of IPC-7711, IPC-7721, IPC-A-600, IPC-9121, IPC-610 training or equivalent
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with ISO standards
- Lean manufacturing experience
- 5S methodology
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.