- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Robot Builder
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 1-3 Years relevant work experience
Education: Diploma in related field
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We are currently selling more robots than we can build! We require a handy individual to take charge of assembling a variety of different platforms and ensuring that we perpetually strive for a higher level of quality. We need a Robot Builder to take responsibility for producing our core products as well as aiding in the construction of prototype robots for tests. Can you get behind that?
You will build all of our robots, starting from bare parts and PCBAs through to drive testing and basic debugging. Additionally, when you are not wrenchin’ down screws or soldering, you will be charged with maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the production area.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Mechanical assembly of robotics platforms using hand tools
- Cable installation
- Basic software installation and testing
- Packaging finished goods
Additional tasks may include:
- Production area maintenance
- Production equipment maintenance
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied doing a job less than 100%. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
- Experience working on product assembly/assembly line
- Hands-on experience with common tools, eg, screwdriver, hammer, electric drill
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Comfortable with abrupt changes to project deadlines, job responsibilities, and the local gravity field
Bonus points for:
- Ability to diagnose broken robots by their sounds and smells
- Soldering experience
- Basic knowledge of programming languages, Python, C, C++, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux
- Previous experience using machining tools, in particular a table topmilling machine
- Hobbies that involve working with power tools, woodworking for instance.
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Continuous Improvement Process
- 5S methodology
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.