Technical Solutions Engineer
Position Title: TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS ENGINEER
*** This position is located in Denver, Colorado ***
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™, SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment and MVPD (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video.
You are passionate about being part of the team that makes the complex simple – for our customers and your colleagues. You thrive in a highly intellectual environment that challenges you to deliver the best and most impactful experience to everyone you encounter. You care intensely about delivering results. You want to become an expert in everything related to video, from the content generation, to encoding, networking, to the final delivery to the device. You want to learn about video in cable, wireless, and satellite networks. You love learning every day.
About the Position
As a member of our Customer Success Engineering Teamyou will be working close with customers. Your day will vary from troubleshooting tickets, planning new deployments, problem solving, the installation and commissioning of new equipment, and managing customer expectations. You will be the face of the company and a fundamental component in the customer experience with SSIMWAVE. You will be a customer advocate within the company and ensure their success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a primary interface with our customer
- Drive for customer success in using our products, marshalling team resources, removing impediments and generally, doing what it takes
- Respond to, manage and troubleshoot customer issues
- Installing and commissioning new software deployments
- Keep sales and sales engineering informed of customer progress and issues
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Experience working with customers Proficiency in Linux CentOS and Red Hat
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced development environment
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies and technical skills
- Previous Customer Support experience to Tier 1 & 2
- High degree of motivation and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Technical experience with understanding of VOD and OTT video services and delivery
- Experience and understanding of Media Workflow
- Proficiency with scripting languages: Golang, Python, JS.
- Technical experience and understanding of Encoders and Transcoding
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Community College with equivalent experience
- Networking layer 2 / 3
- Virtualization expertise, VMs and containers.
This position is based in Denver, Dry Creek.
We thank all applicants in advance, but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.