With a budget of over $150 million and more than 1000 sworn and civilian members, The Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS) requires an experienced professional to fill the role of full-time Systems Analyst.
The WRPS delivers exceptional police services to more than 575,000 residents. The Waterloo Region is a vital and prosperous community in southern Ontario that offers the unique combination of a growing urban centre comprised of three municipalities, Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo surrounded by four rural communities, North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich. You will work in a community proud of its diversity and within an organization focused on its people.
As a member of the Information Technology Branch you will contribute to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems and project solutions for the Police Regionalized Information Data Entry (PRIDE) group encompassing various police agencies, and Waterloo Regional Police Services. You will work closely with the Coordinator, Client Services and the PRIDE IT Director and the local agency administrators of core applications to provide quality, client focused business process and technology support for Business Applications and related interfaces to other applications systems.
- Knowledge of application and system design, planning, development, implementation, and maintenance, normally acquired through the attainment of a degree or diploma in computer science, computer development, or equivalent education from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of five years’ extensive experience in a leadership role in system design and development using system development life cycles, system deployment, and the design and development of databases is required
- Ability to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the functions of operational and administrative areas of business systems, business applications and external applications
- Previous job experience in preparing and conducting presentations with the ability to instruct and train members of various levels of an organization in specific work methods and Business Applications
- Analytical thinking with the ability to formulate logic-based statements to retrieve data from a relational database, access maintenance files, edit functions and run reports.
- Project management skills are required to organize project tasks and ensure task completion by others.
- Interpersonal communication and leadership skills are required to advise and supervise projects.
- Ability to meet police security clearance requirements and to maintain confidentiality
- A valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License with no more than six demerit points required to travel within and outside of Region
- Ability to participate as an effective team member and to support and project values compatible with the organization
- Ability to meet testing requirements for the position
For further details about this position and a complete job description, please visit our website www.wrps.on.ca.
Why join WRPS?
- Ongoing professional development
- Excellent benefits and pension
- Dynamic, exciting work environment
- Strong, supportive leadership
- Employee fitness and wellness programs
- Salary range: $73,504.74 - $86,476.16
Please submit a resume indicating the position title by Monday November 26, 2018 at 3p.m. to:
Mail: Human Resources Branch, Waterloo Regional Police Service
200 Maple Grove Road, Cambridge, Ontario N3H 5M1
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview, please email the WRPS at HumanResources@wrps.on.ca.
Diversity through inclusion – we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.