Looking for an exciting and challenging career opportunity in web development? Look no further!
Put your knowledge of the latest technologies to work creating solutions to some of the insurance industry’s toughest challenges. Work directly with key leaders to understand their business needs, advise them on how technology can support their strategies, and build innovative responses to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
We work using a wide variety of web and mobile possibilities using .NET 4.5, VS2015, Code First Entity framework, Angular, Knockout, Cordova, HTML5, CSS3 and other evolving technologies.
Your team is a diverse band of talented, engaged and fun professionals who thrive on finding a better way.
Your work will be part of changing the way Equitable helps clients get the help they need when they need it most.
What you’ll do:
- Design and program high-performance, scalable web applications and database solutions
- Recommend and implement system designs based on long-term IT organization strategy
- Work closely with systems analysts and QA to develop alternative solutions to meet business needs
- Analyze production system problems and recommend workable solutions
- Investigate and solve production problems with minimal to no guidance
- Research and recommend technologies to the team and management to help keep our tech stack up-to-date.
- Mentor junior and intermediate team members in good coding practices and new technologies
What you need:
- High level of proficiency in ASP.NET MVC and C# and/or VB.Net with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Significant knowledge in HTML, DHTML, CSS, Ajax
- Experience with SOAP and/or RESTful services
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with ORMs like Entity Framework is an asset
- A working knowledge of XML and JSON
- Experience with package managers (e.g. npm, bower) an asset
- Hands on experience using testing frameworks for both client and server code (ie. NUnit, Jasmine, etc.)
- Experience in Mobile web development an asset
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group