eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm. We specialize in web, brand, communications, marketing and creative strategies. We build and offer customized and out-of-the-box digital solutions for our clients.
About the job:
We are looking for a talented and energetic Content Specialist to work with web, client and internal content and communications projects for a diverse client base, mostly in the public sector. You will work from our Waterloo office.
You love to write and be a communicator! You also love working with people. You can work alone and as part of a team. You follow direction well and offer new ideas to help the team prosper. You understand that there is strength in working together as a unit, and that when one person succeeds, we all thrive.
You are comfortable working with clients and meeting deadlines. You are flexible and can work both from the office and at client locations when necessary. You are comfortable with an open environment and recognize team effort.
You are detail-oriented, can multitask, and are comfortable sharing ideas and workloads. You can switch between technical, creative and web writing with ease, and can follow writing guidelines and directions as they are presented to you. You have a desire to exceed expectations and continue to improve in your role. Most importantly, you are comfortable with public speaking, and can lead and facilitate focus groups when necessary.
What you will do:
- Writing and editing web content for clients (mostly public sector)
- Writing, editing and organizing request for proposal (RFP) documents
- Writing and editing internal website content and communications materials
- Assisting on the development and implementation of communication projects for various clients
- Organizing and planning client content schedules and delivering on all timelines
- Problem-solving with team and client teams to ensure all work is delivered on-time and to expectations
- Working directly with clients, sometimes onsite
- Creating accessible documents as per legislation and guidelines (AODA, W3C, WCAG, ADA)
- Performing content audits, organizing data and writing reports
- Creating and organizing presentations (PowerPoint) when requested
- Delivering presentations and leading focus groups for clients regarding web content strategy (site mapping and information architecture), accessibility and writing for the web, when necessary
- Helping out your team and other teams when necessary to ensure the success of the company
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 6 months to 3 years of experience in writing and/or communications. Web writing experience is a huge asset
- Degree in Writing, English, Marketing, Communications or in a similar field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (with a focus on Microsoft Word)
- Outstanding command of the English language (spoken and written)
- Experience with HTML and content management systems an asset
- Experience with Adobe an asset (including InDesign)
- Understanding of SEO and analytics an asset
- Organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- Professional conduct with a high level of integrity and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a collaborative team-based environment
- Communicate fluently with clients in English as required (written and verbal)
More information about us:
eSolutionsGroup helps public sector clients across North America to connect with communities and deliver services more efficiently through award-winning design integrated with advanced web and mobile applications. 18 years in business. 300+ clients. More than 120 marketing and technology awards in the past 5 years. It all adds up. Learn more at www.esolutionsgroup.ca
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. eSolutionsGroup is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, eSolutions will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.