Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
It’s a fact. Employees like to get paid. Which makes our Finance team in charge of payroll very popular with employees.
Interested in becoming everyone’s favorite person in the company? If so, we are currently looking for a Payroll Specialist focused on Payroll, Benefits and helping out the rest of the Finance team.
The position involves accurate processing and administration of all payroll and benefits programs for Communitech. You will also be an integral part of the finance team where we work together to tackle our day to day priority, providing the leadership team visibility into the financial health of the organization.
So if you are interested in being every employee’s hero, then read on to find out more about the specifics of the job description.
Reporting to the Controller you will:
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for Management sign-off and processing through ADP
- Review and validate all remittances completed by ADP. (e.g. Employee Tax Deductions, Employer Taxes, Garnishments)
- Prepare all necessary government documentation including ROE’s, T4s, etc.
- Maintain and input all taxable benefits data for employees
- Maintain records for Group RRSP contributions made by employees; liaise with service providers to ensure funds are transferred as appropriate
- Verify New Hire Payroll information and complete payroll employee set up with applicable rate, payroll controls, taxes and that EFT details
- Updating employee Payroll information for terminations and issuing ROE’s
- Generate statements and reports for Management and Statutory Authorities as required
- Act as the contact for Payroll for staff
- Prepare & record accounting journal entries & reconcile payroll-related accruals within bi-weekly, month end, quarter end and year end activities
- Maintain the accounting allocation of staff by cost centre and funding source
- Provide payroll support for all government reporting as required
- Streamline payroll business processes where possible
- Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date
- Supporting and participating in broader Communitech events as required
- Other duties as required. All duties subject to change.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years related payroll and benefits processing experience with a managed service provider
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have attained or be actively pursuing the PCP designation
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of current payroll legislation and requirements
- Experience using tools such a ADP, Netsuite and Excel
- Ability to manage and meet various conflicting deadlines
- Experience working with benefit providers
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by November 16, 2018.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2AjJCUr
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status