At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Assistant Vice-President, Corporate Services IT
Department: Corporate Services IT
This is an exciting and dynamic IT manager position responsible for our business applications that support Equitable Corporate Services. This position manages a team of professionals comprised of analysts, developers, quality assurance specialists and external consultants who maintain, develop, configure, and support existing business applications.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about how technology drives business and understand how continuous improvement can help that technology succeed today and in our future. Are you a passionate technical leader that gets excited about continuous improvement and innovation? Do you enjoy coaching up your team and watching them grow?
What you’ll do:
- Coach, mentor, and build a cohesive team to provide exceptional service to our internal business units, including; finance, investment, compliance, etc.
- Work with Project Managers and SMEs to plan, coordinate, and lead technology projects from beginning to end
- Lead a diverse group of 6 team members, including developers, QA and BSA’s.
- Learn our business processes in order to ensure excellent customer services on supporting legacy and new applications
- Drive process and technology improvements to ensure quality of the business applications and systems
- Embrace challenges including changing priorities, requirements, timelines and technologies
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of application or software development, integration or support experience in multiple applications (e.g. financial/ERP, Compliance, Legal contract management systems, in-house custom build vs. vendor purchased on premise/cloud based solutions)
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring either development or IT teams, especially for business applications to support corporate services
- C# and/or other programming language an asset
- Experience in evaluating and implementing new applications
- Ability to translate business needs into solution design
- Experience participating in cross functional team projects
- Exposure to delivering in both Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills – can articulate complicated ideas in a clear and friendly manner
- Dedication to learning business processes and ensuring excellent customer services on supporting legacy applications
- Excel at optimizing process and thinking logically
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment. Strong interpersonal and partnership building skills; can reach out and engage a variety of individuals
- Proven skills at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- A passion for planning, coordinating and leading technology projects
- The ability to think boldly, but act measuredly specifically when it comes to changing priorities, timelines and technologies
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process