We’re looking for a dynamic, agile, clean-code-loving developer to join our team and help us develop amazing software that empowers our users.
We’re a family of 60+ geeks: Developers, Technical Writers, UX Designers, and Product Managers, with over 20 nationalities all collaborating in one space. We share a start-up culture in an inspiring office in the heart of downtown Kitchener.
Our team’s main focus is Oracle-NetSuite's SuitePeople offering. We apply our deep understanding of HR challenges to enable organizations to engage with their workforce and rapidly respond to changing business conditions.
Our company culture:
- We help each other and foster collaboration across roles and teams
- We lift each other up. We know how to celebrate our successes and learn from our failures
- All of our efforts center around delivering value to our customers
- We always try to do the right thing – for ourselves, for the product and ultimately for our customers
How will you crush it?
You'll build things people enjoy using and prevent them from going back to Excel to do their daily work. You'll work with awesome people that care about their craft and what they deliver. Your efforts will directly contribute to making things better for thousands of our customers. As part of working on our Agile teams, you own your domain and you have a say on user experience and technical design. You'll be designing and implementing solutions that include database schemas, business logic, as well as some presentation layer work (there is a buzzword for it – full-stack developer). Opportunities for cross-team collaboration will enable you to learn new things that will make you a better and more versatile developer.
The person we hire will enjoy:
- Regular team events (movies, escape rooms, axe throwing, etc.)
- A healthy breakfast provided every morning
- Opportunities for subsidized career and skills growth
- Oracle equity in the form of stock options and RSUs
- RRSP contribution matching up to 6% of annual salary
- Working in an Agile environment. We can proudly say that Scrum works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, and retrospectives
- Board games, card games, video games, and donuts
You will fit perfectly if you share these values
- Being open minded for discussions and promoting team collaboration
- Having pride in your work
- Taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of your projects
Your qualifications & skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Intimate understanding of modern web applications from database to browser
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with Java or any other similar Object-Oriented Programming language
- Great understanding of SQL and extensive experience with database-driven applications
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, and web browsers
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Programming Paradigm, and SOLID principles
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to abstract functional requirements
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 1800104X
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group