Director of Cloud Operations
Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Client Information for diverse health and social service organizations around the world. In other words, the software you’ll be working on helps make a difference in the lives of people doing great work in communities all over the globe.
Our product is a unique, flexible and comprehensive solution for social service agencies, and this spirit is also reflected in our company culture of innovation, collaboration, and commitment to community.
Athena is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and technically experienced Director of Cloud Operations with the ability to drive change in our evolving cloud infrastructure. You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production. Athena is looking for a rising leader to help steward our cloud operations to our next generation technology.
About the Job
- Responsible for the production and related operations of our cloud platform including strategy, delivery of projects and budgets.
- Lead our Cloud Facilities and DevOps groups providing leaderships, guidance and enable your team to shine and delivery to their full potential.
- Lead and plan the day-to-day execution of infrastructure and cloud operations, policies, processes to support corporate strategy.
- Ensures the development and use of an effective preventive maintenance program suitable to meet the operational objective of "99.99% availability".
- Oversee the Incident Response and Disaster Recovery process to ensure policies and procedures reflect appropriate response to cooperate strategy.
- Ensure that technical safeguards and controls are efficient and effective in protecting our customer data.
- Lead migration of existing infrastructure services from physical data centers to AWS cloud.
- Redefine processes that enhance operational workflow with the objective of providing a positive customer experience.
- Bring the voice of our customers to the team and build a responsive operational unit to meet customer needs quickly and holistically.
Who You Are
- 7-10 years’ experience in IT with, desirably, a minimum of 3 years’ specific experience in cloud infrastructure.
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Proven ability to deliver, measure, and manage web scale, high-growth systems to high availability targets.
- Widely accepted security designations (CISSP, CISM or equivalent) are desirable.
- Solid understanding of information security standards and IT frameworks (NIST, CoBIT, ISF etc.).
- Experience with multiple international compliance requirements (HIPAA, HITRUST, FedRAMP, FERPA, PIPEDA, GDRP etc.).
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Experience in managing and leading a high performance team
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter, along with salary expectations, to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.