Mobile Application Developer
- Texada Software
- Guelph, On
- Job Function
- Research & Development, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
About the Mobile Developer position
We are looking for a Mobile developer who will join our Engineering team to develop and maintain high quality mobile applications. You will also collaborate with other internal teams to develop functional mobile applications and support existing mobile products of our company.
You should have experience in mobile development and be able to perform efficiently in a fast-paced environment. We also expect you to be passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps.
Mobile Developer responsibilities are:
Develop fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
Work in Both Objective C/Swift for iOS and Java for Android
Create and execute unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
Support the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release and support phases
Retrieve specific requirements and suggest solutions to improve user experience
Evaluate and debug mobile applications to optimize their performance
Work together with Product Development team to plan new features
Support legacy applications and suggest ways to improve or replace them
Oversee the compliance of applications with established quality standards
Find and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
Stay informed about new technology trends
Mobile Developer requirements are:
1+ years' experience of working on a Mobile Developer position
Published applications on the App store or Google Play Store
Solid experience with at least one programming language like Swift or Java
Good experience with third-party libraries and APIs
Good knowledge of OOP design principles
Strong analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
Strong teamwork skills with ability to perform well in a dynamic environment
College Diploma or BSc degree in Computer Science or other relevant area
This is a key hire for the organization and we are looking for someone who will help create a cohesive and highly performing organization. Below are some characteristics we are looking for:
- A love for the startup environment
- Passionate about building secure, scalable infrastructure
- You believe that information and data are essential to making better decisions.
- You are exceptionally curious to listen and learn from customers.
- You are curious to learn. When something has always been done a certain way, you wonder why nobody has begun to do it differently
- You are someone who refuses to believe “no, we can’t do that,” is an acceptable answer to a question, and at times you may cause eye rolling from how often you ask the question, “why not?” of your colleagues.
- You are seeking a highly collaborative and team-oriented culture.
- People enjoy working with you. You are kind, social, humble, and want the best for others.
- You have an uncanny ability to influence people – without them knowing that you actually influenced them.
- You are highly entrepreneurial and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance. But some guidance is appreciated as you like clear direction.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, financial opportunity to participate in the success of the company, a positive work environment, and an opportunity to make an impact. You will be provided with access to Salesforce.com, mobile technology, and the ability to leverage our in-house Texada software platform to enable better decision-making.
Texada is building a technology-driven company to better service the hundreds of thousands of construction contractors and field service businesses around the world. Our mission is to provide a seamless combination of technology built on a unique platform that delight and empower our customers to help build a better world.
We are a rapidly growing company consisting of a group of bright and passionate folks who are looking to dramatically change and improve the nature of the construction and field service industry. We pride ourselves on thinking and acting differently. We believe we are building something special, and think this is a special opportunity to join a fantastic company.
Texada provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or on other bases prohibited by law.