Mechanical Design Specialist
Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturng inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
As part of our continuing growth in this high technology market, Teledyne DALSA is recruiting for the following opening:
Mechanical Design Specialist - Temporary 12 months
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, this individual will support our custom product business with product designs and development of assembly processes.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Drive all mechanical aspects of product development, following a rigorous design control process
- Develop (and subsequently validate) product designs that are complete, thorough, and work together as a system, designing for performance, manufacturing, assembly, and reliability
- Develop assembly processes for complex electronic/optical products requiring precise alignment and tight control of fltness
- A degree in Mechanical or Systems Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Clear and concise communication of complex technical information both to management and to your development team
- Demonstration of excellent grasp of language, both in written and verbal presentation
- Facilitation of swift decisions to advance developments. Identify and overcome unclear direction or unanswered questions critical to progress. Render complicated development issues to actionable closure.
- Ability to translate technology choices into product cost and performance implications, including a broad understanding of component fabrication techniques.
- Experience in solid modeling
Assets to have
- Experience in mechanical design for electronics and optical products
- Designing manufacturing equipment and processes for ultra-clean environments
- Experience with AutoDesk Inventor and AutoCAD
Please quote file number DDIMS1018 and include references with your resume.
Teledyne DALSA offers competitive salary. Relocation assistance is also provided. Teledyne DALSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants should apply to this position through our website at www.teledynedalsa.com. No phone calls or agencies please. Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone who applies.