At Sonova, our vision is straightforward. We foster a world in which there is a solution to every hearing loss and all people equally enjoy the delight of hearing. A deep commitment to help improve the lives of people with hearing loss unites our family of innovative brands including Unitron, headquartered right here in Kitchener. Collectively, we aim to be the most respected hearing care company in the world
We are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, design manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry. Join our mission and become part of our amazing team!
Responsible for testing software, analyzing software defects and quality for hearing aid market applications, hearing aid manufacturing and internal sales and marketing support. Provides training and technical support for both internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all aspects of verification, including functional, exploratory, structural, regression, load and performance testing
- Provide technical support and knowledge transfer in specialized areas of Software and testing to QA team members
- Continue to expand technical knowledge and professional development
- Hunting for bugs in the software, investigating problems, finding their root cause, and clearly documenting findings into the defect tracking system
- Testing fixed bugs to determine if they are valid and complete
- Take a planned and self-directed exploratory approach to testing
- Communicate status, findings, and progress on a regular basis
- Works closely with the Software QA Manager and team members to ensure that timelines for software/system deliverables are achieved.
- Performs other job related duties as required by the Manager
- Bachelors degree/College Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous Application Software testing is a strong asset