Pre-Press Freelancer, Remote (Part-time)
Georgette Packaging is not your typical startup. We’re a Kitchener/Waterloo startup backed by Y Combinator, the world’s most commercially successful accelerator program. We are on a mission to empower companies to use their packaging not as a wrapper but as a solution. We work with our clients to design and print high-quality, customized packaging to act as a tactile and tangible marketing tool. One that becomes recognizable and coveted for what’s inside. Our goal is to help incredibly ambitious food and beverage brands create iconic packaging.
Who we need
Our operations team needs support from a graphics professional who can help us take client artwork files and prepare packaging, notebooks and other custom materials for print. Someone with the artistic eye, technical knowledge and drive to own this process - and be hands-on - from end-to-end.
Ideal for a driven, post-secondary student or someone currently working who wants to add a few focused, part-time hours to their day; this is 100% remote freelance role with 150% accountability. We rely heavily on our prepress graphics colleagues to make sure no errors occur, that no delays or unforeseen costs arise due to file errors and that our clients are happy with their experience.
This is an on-call position, paying $25 per hour, billed by 15-minute increments. Our new team member will need to respond to a request within 2 hours to confirm your ability to complete the assignment within 24 hours.
So how do we know you are the new Pre-Press Specialist for us? You are:
- An artist and a technician. You have an outstanding sense of layout, formatting, and style. You have expertise with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator (Cloud edition) as well as:
- How Pantone vs. CMYK printing works.
- Vector and raster images for printing.
- Minimum resolution requirements.
- Overprinting and other print-specific layup techniques.
- A collaborator who takes ownership. You are self-motivated and driven to do your best work at all times. You can work closely with our clients and our teams to ensure we receive and apply feedback on graphics. Your insistence on follow-up guarantees that nothing falls through the cracks. You are driven to ensure projects are done as quickly and efficiently as possible. A perfectionist, you take ownership, making sure that everything is checked over and perfect, looping to the right senior people immediately with any issues.
- An entrepreneur. You want to increase your own exposure as a key player on a team that designs and produces highly recognizable, quirky, customized packaging people talk about.
Why take the next step in your career with Georgette Packaging:
Everyone here is passionate about beautiful, custom design that you can touch and feel. Not a single one of us are trained graphic designers. But we know good work when we see it; we appreciate fine art and we understand the power of a refined, embossed, raised logo on powder soft paper surrounding a delectable treat. We also have a dream that one day someone here will make the lickable wallpaper from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory come to life in our office. Apply now or check out our website and blog for more information.
Georgette Packaging welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.