At Index Exchange, Engineering is the foundation of everything we do. In the past 2 years we’ve quadrupled our Engineering team and now have 160+ Engineers working across 3 offices in Toronto, Montreal and Kitchener-Waterloo. We’re looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing team and work with an innovative and fast-paced Canadian tech company. We’re looking for experienced developers who are eager to demonstrate their leadership and technical acumen by offering guidance, mentorship and direction to our teams.
The work we do requires complex problem solving, the ability to write high quality code, an understanding of Agile software development, well-developed communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We use a wide range of programming languages and technologies - more than anything you need to show us how you’re different than other developers and show us the kind of impact you could make here. Typical resume rundowns are welcome but we need to see what pushes you and what you’re enthusiastic about.
Here’s what we want:
- Experience and Leadership: You may not be a manager but you do know how to work with a team of developers and can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best solution, regardless of where it comes from
- Passion: For tech and top-notch code and how you plan to make it better. Send over a GitHub page or a link to something you’ve helped create or your favourite side project
- Detail Oriented: Do some research on the company and be prepared to discuss what we do. If you can’t figure it out, make sure you have some great questions prepared. We want our Engineers invested in our business and aware of the impact their effort makes
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn
Here’s what you have:
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computer Engineering or related degree. Equivalent experience is fine but you need to have the foundational concepts of Comp Sci covered
- 7+ years of experience as a full-time Software Engineer
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you. It’s tough to be an individual contributor in this type of environment and compromise and negotiation are key qualities
- Excellent problem solving skills, the ability to think differently, persuade others see your vision but know when to let go
- The right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it