- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Packing-Crating Shipper
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Education: Relevant work experience or any college-level Carpentry or apprenticeship program
Experience: 1-5 years
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: OTTO Motors and Clearpath Robotics.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
As OTTO Motors grows exponentially, so does the need to pack and ship robots. With more robots shipping than ever before, we need a rock star to come in and keep up with our growth. This position offers the best mix of responsibility, challenge, and enjoyment. We need someone to come in, take charge, and help keep our supply chain running smoothly and with continued awesomeness!
As our Packing-Crating Shipper, you will work closely with our fantastic operations team. You have an important job: ensuring all things large and small leave our doors and arrive safely at their ultimate destination. You are the protector of the hours that went into getting that shipment customer ready. Damaged or incomplete shipments are your arch enemy. You’ll work to quote the best rates for our LTL shipments and coordinate local courier deliveries. No shipment is complete until the paperwork (in our case, ERP data entry) is filed.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Packing and arranging pickup and delivery of all small package shipments
- Packing and crating large orders to both international and domestic customers
- Maintaining and establishing positive relationships with our logistics providers
- Taking care of all logistics for off-site demonstrations, events and trade shows worldwide
Additional tasks may include:
- Documenting and improving various supply chain processes
- Working with other departments to improve inter-departmental cooperation and effectiveness
- Researching international customs and conformance regulations
- You may be asked to supervise a co-op student in packing and logistics
- Arrange for packaging tests ensuring our products are protected against the gauntlet of freight.
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. A job that gives you some exercise and keeps your hands busy is appealing. A day where you can use power tools is a good day. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You would embrace being our packing and shipping Guru. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
- Must be able and willing to drive a forklift
- Must be able and willing to squat and pick up 50 lbs
- Must be able and willing to work 8 hours walking/standing
- Detail oriented and exceptionally organized
- Hands-on packing and crating experience
- Experience using power tools; jigsaw, drill, miter saw, etc
- Able to draw on experience to come up with on-the-spot packing solutions
- Able to quickly evaluate and assess a problem situation and prioritize courses of action
- Being comfortable in a customer-facing situations and acting with professionalism in those scenarios
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a team player and self-motivated
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Rigging
- Experience arranging LTL shipments
- Previous Forklift experience and training
- Experience arranging airfreight and/or ocean shipments
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.