Country Manager, China
Maplesoft is a leading provider of software tools for engineering, science, research and teaching. Maple is math software that combines the world's most powerful math engine with an interface that makes it extremely easy to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems. Our innovative products harness the power of mathematics to provide users with the ultimate set of technical simulation and modeling tools. Our primary markets are academia, automotive, aerospace, robotics, power, electronics, and manufacturing.
Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Waterloo, Canada, Maplesoft’s products and services are used by more than 8000 educational institutions, research labs and companies, in over 90 countries around the world.
We are looking for an ambitious and driven Country Manager, China to join our Sales team in a vital role supporting the Chinese market.
You are a creative and motivated sales professional who thrives on sourcing new leads and reaching out to potential customers. You are proactive in your approach and passionate about harnessing the power of mathematics. You are inquisitive and you listen to understand your customers. You ask the right questions to understand how we can solve customer problems.
You are comfortable and confident on the phone and in person, are equally confident presenting to one or one hundred. This position requires that you be self-motivated, a solutions-based seller and focused on achieving revenue sales goals and helping our users in China acquire our technical software solutions.
In this role, you will be selling our products, Maple and MapleSim, to the academic and professional markets, with support from a global network of administrative, marketing and technical resources.
- Develop quarterly action plans in order to achieve and exceed revenue targets.
- Research and proactively prospect for new sales opportunities.
- Initiate telephone and email contact with existing and potential prospects.
- Facilitate presentations both face-to-face and online with prospects.
- Use software tools to provide detailed account information for tracking, forecasting and reporting purposes.
- Close new business deals direct as well as via our channel partners.
- Make high-level decisions on growing the Chinese territory business.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- 6-10 years sales experience, ideally in the software industry.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com would be an asset.
- High proficiency in spoken and written Mandarin and English.
- A technical background in Mathematics and/or Engineering would be considered an asset.
During an initial period of up to 12 months, this position will be based at our head office in Waterloo, Ontario. However, after that, the position will relocate to China (Shanghai or Beijing)
Working at Maplesoft
Our teams build world-class software and services for system simulation, calculation management and systems engineering. Our product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things!
Maplesoft offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting projects in the industry. We are committed to providing every employee with professional growth opportunities, a supportive work environment, and excellent compensation and benefits. Our Waterloo, Ontario office provides a Corporate Concierge Service, a Health & Wellness Program and an Onsite, Fully Equipped Fitness Facility.