IT Security Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Location: Waterloo Office
Reports to: Director of IT, Security and Deployment
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, is currently seeking an IT Security Specialist to execute the IT Security function within NAVBLUE. Focusing on the day-to-day protection and monitoring of IT security systems to enable the business to comply with NAVBLUE’s Security Policy, the IT Security Specialist will ensure that all security issues are managed in an effective manner in accordance with Policy. They will propose amendments and improvements to existing IT security structures and policies, based on changes in the industry and best practices. This includes supporting, establishing and implementing IT Security initiatives across the organization, developing the organization’s knowledge, support of the IT Security function, and ensuring that all procedures are detailed within the appropriate documents.
The successful candidate is a self-starter and is required to act as a partner and advisor within the organization to facilitate the observation and implementation of required IT Security documentation and standards. You can operate independently yet thrive in a collaborative environment where you can help colleagues to deliver excellent results. You will also monitor conformance and compliance while remaining independent of the function being audited, in order to measure the effectiveness of the organization’s IT Security System. The IT Security Specialist will be required to strongly advocate for best practices when interacting with stakeholders, regardless of their position within the organization. You are committed to quality, and expect that hard work is required to do great things.
- Lead the deployment of NAVBLUE’s security policy with the goal of achieving ISO 27001/2 certification using the policies, standards and procedures that have already been developed.
- Preparation and dissemination of a Security Awareness Program to NAVBLUE staff
- Maintain documentation at a level that meets the audit requirements of AS9100 rev c. and ISO 27001/2
- Provide security guidance and practice in network administration including complex local, wide area and VPN networks including Cryptographic processes.
- Provide security guidance and practice in server administration including desktop support in a hybrid Windows and Linux environment
- Provide security guidance and practice in VMware administration
- Proactively assess potential items of risk and vulnerability in the network using industry standard tools
- Develop and improve the IT Business Continuity procedures and processes
- Participation in, and improvement of, the IT Security Incident Escalation process at NAVBLUE.
- Responsible for the definition and evolution of security operating procedures for internal use within the team, consistent with company policies and standards.
- Occasional International travel to each office will be required.
- Successful completion of an Academic degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in IT security, with skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Functional and technical security architecture concepts (implementation and operation of security tools)
- Working experience with intrusion detection systems
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and response to security system events
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards
- Experience with software and security architectures (e.g. OWASP)
- Windows and Linux operating systems including Linux administration and common applications (LAMP)
- Virtualization technologies
- Risk and vulnerability analysis.
- Administration of Windows Server 2008 and 2012 in an Active Directory environment
- Knowledge of cryptography is an asset
- Project management skills and highly organized, capable of delivering IT projects on-time and on-budget
- Ability to work in an international environment spanning different jurisdictions with potentially different impacts on security
- Knowledge in at least 3 of the areas of log management/SIEM, BCP/DRP, IAM, DLP, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanning, computer forensics, etc.
- Holder of security certifications (CISSP, CISA, SANS, GIAC, , etc.) would be an asset
- MSCE, CCNA, ITIL would be an asset.
- Must be a reliable, responsible self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize effectively.
- Communication skills appropriate for interfacing at all levels of the organization including senior management and technical staff including documentation (top level policies, technical standards, etc.)
- Must work effectively with others in a team environment
- Ability to travel Internationally – Up to 20%
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in joining the NAVBLUE team are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE is the new generation of digital, user-friendly Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management solutions. Powered by Airbus’ pioneer spirit and infused with Navtech’s agility, it combines the best of both worlds.
A leading global provider of flight operations solutions serving more than 400 airlines and aviation service companies across all platforms, NAVBLUE has a proven track record in product innovation. With access to Airbus’ resources and data, NAVBLUE provides its customers with the best solutions based on the best data, fully supporting them in their digital transformation.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus and is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France) and Waterloo, ON (Canada), with offices around the world.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group