Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Apps
Looking for your next challenge? How would you like to positively impact the lives of millions of people daily? Aterica is looking for a driven senior software engineer who is experienced in building robust, UX-centric mobile applications that integrate with connected devices (health or otherwise) and distributed large-scale cloud software systems. We are looking for team members who can thrive in a focused, multi-disciplinary team to build our interactive, life-saving, cloud-connected mobile applications. You will have creative and technical license to design and build highly usable and intuitive mobile applications for Android and iOS mobile platforms that are real-world connected with our innovative wireless personal digital health devices.
As with any early-stage start-up, much still remains to be done. In return, we can offer an environment where your contribution to our company culture, technology, business, and the lives of millions of people is critical and is immediately apparent.
You should have experience designing, implementing, and deploying large scale production mobile applications on both Android and iOS mobile platforms, ideally in an environment that incorporates real-time and reliable back-end infrastructure networking and connectivity with Bluetooth®-enabled hardware devices.
Required Demonstrable Experience:
- Extensive experience in cloud-connected mobile application development
- Expert-level knowledge of Java, Swift (and/or Objective-C), C, C++
- Experience with Bluetooth® or equivalent wireless mobile peripheral device interfacing
- Experience with always-on/background app operations on Android and iOS platforms
- Experience building sophisticated mobile user interfaces
- Experience with invoking external applications through RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of modern scalable software development patterns and libraries
- Demonstrable understanding and design history of testable code practices
- Understanding of network and mobile communications infrastructures and protocols
- Knowledge of Bluetooth® SMART (aka BLE, Bluetooth® 4.0) applications
- Highly creative, motivated, organized, and execution-oriented
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a highly technical collaborative environment
- Demonstrated consistent ability to learn, apply creativity, and solve problems
- Demonstrated planning, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills