Business Development Associate
We’re Encircle, nice to meet you! We’re leading the $2 trillion property and casualty insurance industry out of the dark ages of pen and paper processes with solutions our customers actually love. Our easy-to-use software platform enables thousands of restoration contractors and insurance professionals around the world to process claims faster. We’re located in the heart of downtown Kitchener and our 40+ person startup has huge goals as we scale!
We’re looking for an ambitious Business Development Associate to join our all-star team at Encircle. You will join the Marketing team and be the first person a potential customer talks to, giving you the opportunity to use your awesome people and customer service skills to positively shape their experience. You’ll play a key role in building the foundation for a successful Encircle experience and your work will drive successful sales and contribute to our overall growth. You will be responsible for seeking out new business opportunities and developing relationships with prospects before passing them along to our Account Executives. If you’re motivated, results-driven, a team player, and looking to get your start in a sales position at a growing startup, give us a shout.
- Generate new business opportunities by identifying key relevant stakeholders and making the first contact through phone and email
- Work with the Marketing team to plan and execute campaigns to support lead targets
- Clearly explain and demonstrate the value of Encircle to prospects
- Engage with prospects through cold calls, warm calls, and emails to gain a better understanding of their needs
- Seamlessly transition prospects to Account Executives to close the deal
- Manage a pipeline of interested prospects using Salesforce and HubSpot
- Provide weekly pipeline reporting and forecasting to the Encircle management team
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a customer facing role (new graduates with relevant work experience are welcome to apply)
- Interest in pursuing a career in sales within the tech industry
- Degree or diploma in business, sales, or marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident presenter with active listening skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and work independently
- A track record of setting and surpassing goals
This role reports to the VP, Marketing.
How to Apply
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, apply for the role here by uploading your resume, as well as a letter expressing your interest and why we should hire you.