You’re a creative and resourceful Systems Design Engineer with remarkable conceptual and analytical skills. You have a strong systems design background combined with the ability to deliver on both high-level architectural and low-level technical objectives. In this role, you’ll work with our team to model complex systems, solve challenging problems, meet ambitious deadlines, and build incredible products. You know you’ll thrive in a young, cutting-edge technology company, and you want to help usher in the next era of personal computing.
What You’ll Do:
- Within 4 weeks,
- Fully understand the system architecture from a high level
- Meet with each of the key people that are responsible for each of the core subsystems within the team
- Familiarize yourself with our product requirements
- Propose a compliance document matrix structure
- Within 8 weeks,
- Fully understand the system architecture at a deep level
- Understand the manufacturing processes for each of the subsystems and what their associated KPI’s and tests are
- Release a compliance matrix template covering quantitative system requirements
- Incorporate requirements and use cases
- Identify test gaps and work with component and product validation teams to address
- Within 4 months,
- Analyze, review and generate requirements for next generation platforms to ensure product requirements are achieved
- Work with systems engineers from engineering teams to decompose requirements
- Within 6 months,
- Transfer ownership of architecture to engineering development team
What You’ll Need:
- A high level of experience is required in the following areas:
- Decomposing top-level product requirements into component requirements, test and manufacturing requirements, and ensuring the validation plan completely addresses the product.
- Maintaining a bird’s eye view of the entire project from a technical perspective to ensure that subsystems function well together
- Participating in high level architecting and planning discussions
- Diving deep into low level implementation issues with any team as they arise
- Strong communication skills in order to get agreement between Product, Design, and Manufacturing; Program or technical project management is a plus
Bonus Points For:
- A combination of opto-mech, EE, and display experience
- Program or technical project
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design