At Alert Labs, we are passionate about saving natural resources, protecting our customers’ properties from water damage, and improving the operational efficiencies of cities, school boards, restaurants, and insurance companies.
Alert Labs is innovating in the IoT (Internet of Things) space. We build affordable, simple to deploy and reliable sensor networks targeted at protecting our customers’ homes and businesses. We bring the benefits of IoT to customers of all technical levels. By being thoughtful and elegant in our design, our products are friendly and easy for anyone to use.
We believe that innovation comes from every member of the team and that the best designs combine technical skills with creativity to achieve great results. We provide an open environment that will allow your job to grow with you. We are passionate about what we do and are driven to create great solutions. We value results, not hours worked, and offer a flexible schedule that allows you to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
There’s never a dull day at Alert Labs, and with a whole stable of upcoming product releases, that’s never been more true than right now. Over the next year, we plan to finalize an extensive suite of utility monitoring devices and you’ll be a key part of the process in sharing this with our customers.
We are looking for a UX Design Lead to work closely with our customer experience, marketing and sales teams, and to be the bridge to the software development team. We value people who are enthusiastic, engaged, and eager to work in a team committed to delivering industry-leading products and software.
UX Design Lead
Reporting directly to the CTO and CEO, our UX Design Lead will own the vision of our user interface. We’re a tight-knit and scrappy company, so ownership comes with the responsibility for doing the hands-on work needed to make it happen - this includes research, user stories, wireframes, prototypes, testing, and specifications with a mobile-first responsive design approach - to be clear, we’re looking for leaders who are serious doers as well. We’ve got an amazing team of software developers to back you and they’re all passionate about finding ways to deliver the best possible experiences within a fever-pitch development cycle. We believe in a user-first design approach to build products our customers love by incorporating user-centred design at the outset of every project and feature request.
This is a chance to guide our UI vision, shape our company’s design culture, and be an integral part of the leadership team as our company grows... oh, and get lots and lots of your work out into the real world. This is a very important hire for us and we want to make sure we get the right person for the job. Could it be you?
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with customer support, the sales team, business clients and end users to understand user needs and business objectives. Then hunker down with software to find the optimal way to make the most people the most happy.
- Translating customer and business needs into UI concepts, sketches, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Running user trials and performing in situ user research.
- Creating UI designs that will work for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Taking a user-centered design approach and rapidly testing and iterating your designs.
- Following and/or refining visual design style guides.
- Five or more years of UX design experience with a degree/certificate in design or relative field. Preference will be given to candidates who combine hands-on proficiency with technical leadership experience.
- Ability to work with customers and business clients to understand detailed requirements, design user experiences that meet their needs, and evaluate your designs through user testing.
- Extensive experience using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a strong understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to use high and low fidelity sketches and mockups to communicate ideas quickly and effectively throughout the entire design process.
- Candidates MUST submit a portfolio of work with their application
- Visual design chops to make your designs look awesome and carry them through to the point where they can be implemented by the software team using existing style guides.
- We all wear many hats. If you’re really good at something we didn’t capture here, tell us about it and we’ll make sure you find a way to shine.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group