Full Stack Developer
- Focus21 Inc.
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 80,000 - 99,000
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
At Focus21 Inc. we build online experiences with purpose, no BS! We’re looking for creative, intelligent and resourceful individuals to join our growing development team.
From re-engineering old IT to building fresh agile software, we specialize in partnering with science and technology based organizations to develop first-of-its-kind information solutions by strategically applying 21st century thinking. We use our collective domain expertise to help our clients make sense of complex data. (http://focus21.io/).
We're hiring developers to join our project teams and contribute in all areas of development. We're looking for someone who understands software and web development on a general level and is capable of solving problems even in areas they're not familiar with. It's hard to put a number on experience, but we're looking for someone who has more than 3-4 years of experience in the industry and is comfortable taking on challenging tasks, designing features, reviewing code and mentoring junior developers.
Our Stack: http://stackshare.io/focus21-inc/focus21-inc
Location: We get our best work done together in a collaborative environment. Our ideal candidates can join us on site at 101 Frederick St in Kitchener, Ontario.
Other important stuff you can expect from us:
- Continued learning, experienced mentors
- Benefits (Health, Dental, etc..) package
- Team lunches and special events
- Open, no cubicle environment
What kinds of things we want you to be accountable for:
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Being an outstanding team member. Honest, empathetic and caring.
- Lend a helping hand
- Passion for learning
- Passion for high quality and ability to raise standards
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
What you bring to the projects:
- React and its ecosystem (redux, et cetera)
- Node and its ecosystem (express)
- SQL (we mostly use Postgres)
- GraphQL, Relay
- Cloud architecture (we mostly use AWS)
- General web conventions, protocols and best practices
- General development technologies, languages and principles like shell scripting, general networking, version control and dev-ops (we're big fans of Docker)
- Researching, assessing and recommending technology solutions
- Scrum and Kanban methodologies; quality delivery, building and meeting client timelines is essential
It would be nice if you also bring any of these:
- Understanding of functional programming
- Amazon Web Services or experience with another cloud provider
- Involvement in development communities, meetups, blogging, etc.
We work primarily on software relating to healthcare, so we place a high value on security and diligence when it comes to passwords, keys and other sensitive data. Experience working under HIPAA is an asset.
Feel like you can only tick off a few of these boxes? Apply anyway - you may still be exactly what we need.