As an Application Support Engineer on the Customer Success team you’ll play a critical role in ensuring our customers can take full advantage of their Tulip subscription. You’ll achieve this by delivering a support experience which is effortless for our clients while also proactively assisting in the maintenance and monitoring of the systems that deliver the Tulip experience.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is a master problem solver who thrives on tackling complex technical issues. You love learning new about new technologies. Customer service for you is not ‘just a job’, but something you care passionately about. You love to tackle challenging issues, and is someone who is eager to help build those around you.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Debug software defects escalated through the field
- Build and maintain a library of technical documentation designed to help accelerate issue resolution
- Assist in software deployment activities
- Proactively prevent issues that could have a negative impact on our customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage
What you'll need
- Technical post-secondary degree (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service role within the software industry
- Experience troubleshooting multi-tiered SaaS solutions, including integration with external or 3rd party systems
- The ability to read, write & debug software
- Knowledge of Relational Database concepts, SQL Query, and experience with Unix
- Direct experience with PHP, Go, Bash scripting is a bonus!
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener
What we do:
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.