Senior Software Developer - Success Engineering
Our Success Engineering team is responsible for addressing reported defects, preventing future defects through preventative maintenance, and delivering enhanced functionality through change requests. As a Senior Software Developer in Success Engineering you’ll be responsible for overseeing and contributing to the continued success of our strategic customer’s Tulip implementation.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this position will be a reliable and adept programmer who is eager to break down large technical problems and solve them directly and through active mentorship of other team members.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues throughout the entire portfolio of products utilized by our strategic customers including but not limited to data transformations, third party service integrations, and front and backend technologies
- Scope and Deliver enhanced functionality through change requests
- Drive how we manage and maintain implemented solutions within a highly collaborative department
- Aid in the development of junior software developers’ career growth through mentorship
- Champion product and architectural improvements for future releases
What you have:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ Experience with common web technologies, such as: PHP, MySQL, Nginx, Redis, Python
- 5+ Experience delivering SaaS solutions
- Experience building and shipping iOS applications is a plus
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener
What we do:
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.