Senior Software Engineer - Engineering Transformation
Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we develop and we want you to be part of it! We are growing our Technology, Architecture & Engineering Transformation Office, with the mandate to power world-class customer and employee experiences through software and engineering skills.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver. Our current opportunities are available in Montreal, Toronto, and Kitchener/Waterloo.
As a Senior Software Engineer – Engineering Transformation, you will:
- Champion the development of engineering staff within your team and other areas within Manulife.
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives with strong and extendable architectural design
- Exposure and opportunity to collaborate with leaders across the organization, as well as other software engineers, architects, and operations engineers to uncover and showcase opportunities to deliver new business value through software
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- Embracing an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- Coaching and Developing engineers and a passion for growing staff within the organization
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent over $1 billion on technology. You will be working with:
- Cloud Foundry and other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!